Cool Scene In Kitchen Confidential

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I have been watching this show based on Anthony Bourdain. It is not the greatest show in the world, but it is entertaining enough to keep me watching for now. They had a great scene last episode though that made me think of all my friends on DC.

They were talking about how chefs hate to cook for people who do not appreciate their food. They then showed someone who asked for the sauce on the side, someone else who asked to substitute one ingredient for another, someone else who asked that their dish be made without butter. They then said how chefs will kill themselves to go out of their way to please a customer who truly appreciated and loves food. You then saw customer after customer taking a bite of food and their eyes close as they savor the flavor and you can tell they are being transported someplace that only a great taste in your mouth can bring you. You could see on their faces that nothing else was going on at that moment. they did not hear all the noises and distractions in the restaurant. All that was going on was this incredible taste in their mouth.

As I watched that second group of people I thought of all of you. It was hard to not imagine those people loving their food as my friends here at DC :chef:

Next time I am in CA (which will be my first time) I am going to take you up on that :)

And next time you are in MA I will happily do the same for you!!!

Then you really need to visit them and get in touch with me when you do! Swansea is probably about an hour from me and since I drive that for for work (both ways) then it would be an easy ride for me to meet up with you :)

GB said:
...It was hard to not imagine those people loving their food as my friends here at DC :chef:

GB: The tall dark and handsome guy with the beautiful redhead was me.

OK so who was the beautiful redhead? Kitchenelf, Alix, Mudbug, SierraCook, etc. :)

I hesitate to mention names as she is quite well-known. But I will tell you this much - Nicole Kidman.

Hey, it's my fantasy...

I totally understand the whole concept of being transported to a place only you know over wonderful food!!!! I love those moments!

Back
Top Bottom