Count our blessings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I was griping the other day, and then wrote a response to someone on another thread. Count our blessings:

I, at age 56, still have two living and relatively healthy parents.

I was able, with help from some of you and with local dog trainers who gave advice for free, to rescue a nice little doggie.

I married a man who is able to provide for me.

One of my favorites, that makes me want to kick myself in the head ... When we were on the road, I used to have to force myself to take a daily walk. We were often at campgrounds. I'd look and see people who could barely walk (the RV lifestyle is great for the handicapped). Now, when I try to get out and workout, I see folk who can barely walk. Oh, lord, what is wrong with me that I can't get off my dead as- and move it. I am so happy I have my ability to do that.

I have a blind friend. I've sworn at the glasses I've had to wear since I was an infant. But, guess what? I can see, and I can read, and, having had a bout of sight-less-ness, I'm so happy I can read.

So, what are you happy for?

I am thankful that I don't have to work any more and can live pretty much as I like!

We are very lucky to live in a country where we can all gripe and complain about trivial poop!

I am very fortunate to be able to look around and realize that no matter how much I gripe and complain I am so much better off than the poor guy at the very bottom of the pile.

this is a good thread for the upcoming canadian and american thanksgivings.

i am grateful to the bottom of my soul for my wife and son, siblings, and parents.

After so many times of almost losing my life, I'm still here and reasonably healthy, all-things-considered.

My Brother and both sisters are still alive and well.

I was able to retire at 56 and live within my comfort zone.

So many in the world are so very much worse off than I am.

The Multiverse has allowed me to still be alive and living my life in my tiny corner of existence.

Whenever I start thinking I'm more than I am, I just look at the stars and think of the distances involved. That makes me see how very, very tiny my problems really are!

No matter how much I complain, I will always be grateful for Shrek and my family.

Today has been better than yesterday, tomorrow will be better, still.

I am blessed indeed. My husband is the guy I dreamed of as a teenager. We still love each other after 31 years. I have two wonderful boys that would give me the moon if they really thought I wanted it. I have a daughter-law I could have picked myself. Such a wonderful wife for my son and mother for my grandsons. I have two grandsons who are my sunshine indeed. I have a roof over my head, food at every meal, the ability to do for myself, and family and friends who love me. I am truly blessed and thank God every day.

Now, at this point in my life, I'm thankful for my strength. It's something I didn't know I possessed. I had a rather untoward childhood and a challenging, shall we say, first marriage. Then I met Buck and I had 32 of the most wonderful years of my life. Then...as many of you know, it was gone in the blink of an eye. I thought my life was over, but that strength that I had no idea was within me took over and I went on. Through accident or divine intervention, or Buck's guidance, I met Glenn and I've become whole again.

In the end, what it all boils down to is that I'm thankful for all the doors that have opened to me. It's been my choice to walk through them to what was on the other side. This time, with Glenn, I've been given another loving prince. It just doesn't get better than that, especially at my age.

Back
Top Bottom