Country Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Country Music - where do you fit in? (tell us why!)

• Love It!

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Hate It!

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Tolerate It!

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
I grew up listening to country music, along with rap/hip-hop, pop, and some rock. I am very open minded when it comes to music, I really love it all... but i'm a country girl at heart. I agree, that it has changed some.. expecially the music videos. I love Toby Keith.... but i'm sick of seein barely dressed girls in his videos!! Now that i'm working all the time, I really don't see many of the videos anymore.
Taylor Swift/Sugarland/Carrie Underwood/Craig Morgan/Dierks Bentley/Miranda Lambert/Kellie Pickler/Keith Urban/Kenny Chesney.... those are some of my favs. And yes, i'll say it... I even like Jessica Simpson,Jewel, and Kid Rocks new songs...

I don't understand how people can NOT like country music!...:rolleyes:

It's the one genre that is noticeably missing from my music collection. Hate it..no but just do not have a lot of interest in it.

Actually, the poll needed another option--like it. I don't hate it or love it, but it's alright. "Tolerate" means you would never choose to listen to it. But I sometimes do choose to listen to it. I just don't have it pre-set on my radio.

I agree completely, even though most of my listening time is spent with talk radio.

I love Toby Keith.... but i'm sick of seein barely dressed girls in his videos!!

Sorry, Beginner_Chef, but even though my DW would agree with you, I will respectfully disagree. But that's to be expected us cave-dwelling males.:-p:-p

My music ia Country (Classic country that is son). 50's - 70's Rock & Roll and some Bluggrass and some Folk from the same era.

Music about life, with a good solid guitar and words that you cam understand.

Funny, I cook more down home and tex-mez than anything else.

Well...I like country music, its pretty much all I listen to these days, because quite honestly I have a problem with the "rap" of these days! I dont want to hear men disrespecting women with the ryhmes of today. Rap was not like this when I was a teen! I still like my 80's hair band music, also love to hear the "oldies" which I listened to with my Mom way back when...Eddie Arnold, Patsy Kline, The Glenn Miller Band, Kenny Rogers, Crystal Gayle, Smokey Robinson, Glenn Campbell, and the list goes on. Oh and my Dad with his Lemon Sisters, lol..
Ive also been known to rock out to some Metallica, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, & Iron Maiden as well as other metal bands...just depends on what mood Im in!
But back to the original question....I like country!

Love it Love it!
I was a big fan on silly long-haired rocker bands in the eighties and early 90's...
Once they went away and grunge (or whatever else is around now) showed up, I had nowhere else to go but country.
I do listen to alot of everything else to..... just not rap, or scary guys with white face paint that scream alot....

are we twins separated at birth?

I love country music. It's real, about real things that most people have experienced before.
It's the only type of music (with lyrics) that I can turn on in the car without worrying about my kids.

It's the one current genre of music that talks about how a man really truly loves his wife, how a woman looks up to her man, how a man has so much respect for his father, how a kid loves his parents, how a family enjoys each other's company. It also talks about being humble, and thankful for what you have.

Read the lyrics to this one from Lonestar:
http://www.lyrics007.com/print.php?id=TXpFMk16ZzI

I like that!

I also like some of the lighter, sillier fare, like Brad Paisley. That boy can make me laugh with this one most of all:
YouTube - Brad Paisley - Online

I was raised on it. My Dad was a cop in NJ and had a CW band on the side. Had alot of gigs in Newark. Had to fill in for Eddy Rabbit numerous times when he was too stoned to play. Glad he finally cleaned himself up, but I guess it was too little too late. RIP Eddy Rabbit.
I Adore Garth Brooks, George Strait, Clay Walker for the guys and like Trisha Yearwood and Reba MacIntire for the gals. Not too many bands I care for all seem a little to winny for my liking. For the old guys and gals I love Ray Price, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Lynn Anderson, Willie Nelson, etc...

I tolerate it. I like Josh Turners sext sultry voice, I like Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban. For the women, I like Sugarland, Gretchen Wilson and Martina Mcbride, that's about it. Now, if we're talking OLD country, like, Hank Sr, era, LOVE IT!!!
Other than that, I have to have a beat, either from the oldies but goodies or now days, I like the hip hop, some rap. I need a beat to get this body movin, lol

...I love country music. It's real, about real things that most people have experienced before.
It's the only type of music (with lyrics) that I can turn on in the car without worrying about my kids.

It's the one current genre of music that talks about how a man really truly loves his wife, how a woman looks up to her man, how a man has so much respect for his father, how a kid loves his parents, how a family enjoys each other's company. It also talks about being humble, and thankful for what you have.

I like that!

I also like some of the lighter, sillier fare, like Brad Paisley. That boy can make me laugh with this one most of all:
You said exactly what I wanted to say. I love it too. I was raised on it, and I like both classic and contemporary country. I also love bluegrass, but I would not want to listen to it exclusively. I also love many songs from other genres, but if I had to listen to just one genre it would be country. I don't like every country song ever made, but I doubt anyone can say they love every single song in their prefered genre.

:)Barbara

i'm somewhere between tolerating it and hating it.
i don't have an ol' dog, and my wife hasn't run away (yet :cool:). i do have a truck, but it starts every time and runs well.

so country music ain't much about me.

That is what everyone who hates country music says. Have you ever listened to the lyrics to most rock songs? SSDC. And how about the Blues?

are we twins separated at birth?

I love country music. It's real, about real things that most people have experienced before.

I like that!

I love that Lonestar song. Reading the lyrics gave me chills.

I love country music, I grew up hating it. When I got married that's all hubby listened to and he taught me to two step, so now I love it.
Yes some songs are about old trucks and spouses leaving, but there are a lot about kids growing up and getting marreid( Stealing Cinderella), Young love that survives (I'll Walk), I think most of all they are about true feelings that everyone has just most do not want to admit.

Yup,
I'm a country fan. Grew up with it as a child, worked around it as a teen. Then left it as a teen in the 70's for Zepplin, Stones, Aerosmith, ect....
Came back to it when rock turned into thrash metal and cookie monster lyrics.

LOL cookie monster lyrics!!!
I never could describe the sound of that just right, until now!
It really does sound like CM, EXTREMELY po'd and out of cookies!

Back
Top Bottom