Crazy, Love-sick Astronaut Kidnaps!!! ]:0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
ORLANDO, Fla. — An astronaut drove from Houston to Florida, donned a disguise and confronted a woman she believed was romantically involved with a space shuttle pilot she was in love with, police said. She was charged with attempted kidnapping and other counts.

FOXNews.com - NASA Astronaut Lisa Nowak Charged With Attempted Kidnapping - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

out take: During a check of the parking lot, an officer followed Nowak and watched her throw away a bag containing the wig and BB gun. They also found a steel mallet, a 4-inch folding knife, rubber tubing, $600 and garbage bags inside a bag Nowak was carrying when she was arrested, authorities said. :ohmy: :ermm:

Monday, February 05, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

Last edited:
She flew a mission into space a few months ago. Is this why she was denied bail; a threat to flee into space?
We have often wondered where the space shuttle pottie is. She wore diapers en route to confront the other woman so she wouldn't have to stop to go to the bathroom. (She will probably be fired just for leaking that TOP SECRET) :ohmy:

To include the $600, the stuff in that bag was weird. Sounded like she raided some kid's room and took their grandma money too. They didn't say what kind of rubber tubing it was; sounds fishy like aquarium stuff.
Somebody's due to go on another mission! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've down some wacky things for love but this is a bit much. The lady astronaut has done gone and lost it AND she was married to boot!

BTW, off topic, but this thread reminds me of the great movie - Woman on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown.

Michelemarie said:
She obviously needs some help.

I agree. I'd think that in order to be in the space program and to go into space the astronauts were put through a rigid psych eval.....at least I'd think so.
Something must have happened to have triggered such a drastic decision to go as far as this and obviously she at the time wasn't mentally fit.
I feel so sorry for everyone involved, especially the innocent children.
Let's all hope and pray she does get the help she desperately needs to get back on the right path, to come to grips with what she did and to learn ways to cope so that she doesn't think of ever doing anything even remotely close to harming another human being.

Truly a sad situation and very complex apparently. I had some serious "issues" with my ex but never wigged out this severely. The items in her car or whatever really seemed creepy. My bizarre imagination went all over the place with that report.:neutral:

I wish I could cover the eyes and ears of the children. They will never be the same.

Talk about being spaced out.

I thought, as did Sizzlin, that they really put these guys through a deal of psychological examination prior to being chosen as astronauts.

When the computer goes dead and the only cab home is hundreds, or thousands, of miles away and some piece of space junk has just blown away an antenna or something, you need people out there who are able to keep their cool enough to function.

And pull it all together enough to figure out a solution and not reach for whatever space folks use as hankies to wipe away the tears.

Sounds to me like they NASA folks, or whoever chooses the astonauts, may need to look into the ways they test prospective candidiates.

This naval captain's career is clearly over. Just hope she gets the help she needs, because it seems she is going to need a lot of it.

Katie E said:
Truly a sad situation and very complex apparently. The items in her car or whatever really seemed creepy. My bizarre imagination went all over the place with that report.:neutral:

I wish I could cover the eyes and ears of the children. They will never be the same.

Ditto...this is really sick.

Back
Top Bottom