Wow! Sounds like almost everyone is having grumpy and windy weather! Glad to hear everybody is okay.
Kitchenelf, since dh is a firefighter, we have a strict no candle policy in this house. He says most fires are started with candles. I did sit and read by the fireplace though. It was nice but a little uncomfortable. I had to sit on the floor to get enough light to see.
Yesterday I went to Target and spent $50 on better gear for the next time, whenever that will be.
SizzlininIN, we had a semi jacknife due to the wind! Glad that your deathgrip is stong!
I have good memories of childhood when the lights went out. Like elf said, we spent time together. We'd light candles and play games or read or take up the blinds and watch the fantastic lighting storms. I wish I could go back and relive that.
Here's hoping to some sunshine for everyone!