Crikey it's cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
Brrrrrrrr!!!
Winter snuck through the front door last night so everyone's sitting around the one and only heater this morning wrapped in blankets, because none of the family owns a jumper, volunteering everybody else to get up and make coffee. Even the Kookaburra's are sulking, our friendly Possum missed out on his nightly visit because we had to shut the bedroom window and to make things even more unbearable is that there is just enough Vegemite left in the jar for only one piece of toast, so that's mine :-p

Misery loves company, donut.
I don't know what a jumper is, but I used to put my hooded sweatshirt and robe in the dryer and wrap myself in that.
I haven't been that cold in almost 10 years - Thank you God.
I forgot all the friends we have here below the equator going into winter. Sorry. I hope it passes quick and lightly.
Keep us posted, attie.​

Send some of the cold across the equator, I hate the heat and humidity. I hope I wake to a foot of snow tomorrow, but it looks more like 88F, rain and humidity and the summer is just starting :(

quickie, a jumper is a sweater.

brass monkeys and high beamed witches are all the talk down under, eh attie?

I have a question. Does it snow in Australia ?

Yes it does middie, in Victoria on the Southern Alps - Snowy Mountains, we have the usual ski resorts etc but cold for us here in Queensland, me anyway, is anything below 10C. Maximum here today will be 20C

It sure is brass monkey weather Tom ;)

I love winter. It is far easier to get warm than it is to get cool.

I remember going to canberra one day for a V8 supercar race. We heard on the radio when we arrived at the venue that it was 2 degrees. It didnt really warm up much all day.

Of course this is nothing compared to many winters in other countries so can't complain. 2 degrees to some people would feel warm.

10 and 20 C? You guys have it good in the winter LOL!!! When our summer is first starting and it hits over 20C, we start to get hot hot hot lol

We've had winters in the -50 ish area too.. brrr, that is cold! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom