"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Master Chef
This world is going to heck!! That is horrible news!! God bless her family and friends.
I pray that the sick person is caught quick and dealt with the highest conviction!!!!

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to babyhuggies
that is just awful. so sorry for the family. know you must be feeling pretty bad as well. All we can do is hope this person is caught.

babyhuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #13
Executive Chef
How awful! So sorry to hear this..
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Master Chef
It is hard to find the right words to express how awful this is. I am so sorry.
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Some times the evil people of this world just make me want to scream and scream. I'm really sick of all the hatred and violence.

I'm sorry that this had to happen.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #16
Executive Chef
I just don't understand....this is too sad. I am so sorry for her family and all her friends. Are you ok, Mugsy?
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
Head Chef
Sorry Mugsy, cannot tell you how sorry I am.

Lost a family member to a paroled psycho who stalked her, unbeknownst to us. We had to search for a month to find her body.

Then there was our neighbor's son who was shot and left for dead. He had done nothing to bring it on, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And neither of those two perps, both of whom were known by the police, could be prosecuted.

And there are several other people we knew who were killed. No, they were not involved with anything nefarious, no drugs, no crime, just good people.

Some times bad things happen to good people, it is just I cannot believe that we have seen it happen so many of them.

No political motive here, all I can say is the one emotion we share, those of us who have been through the loss of a loved one, friend, acquantaince, is that we do not want anyone else toi go through that again.

We cannot change what happened to our family and friends, but we just do not want it to happen to anyone else, ever.

Sorry but I have no intelligent conclusion to this ranting, wish I had one.

Just be vigilant in your lives, I would call it using street smarts.

And folks, teach those skills to your kids.

I try to live my live thinking all folks are good, but with the sad knowledge many are not.

Sorry, I hear these stories every day and they weigh very heavily on my heart.
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #18
Sous Chef
well...they found the killer. it was her neighbor that came through the attic and was trying to rob her. she just moved in there a few weeks ago, so when the killer saw her roomate go to work, he thought the house would be empty.

a $2 padlock would have prevented this and saved her life.

absolutely sickening.

wjz.com - Police Arrest Neighbor In Woodlawn Woman's Murder
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
mugsy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #19
Head Chef
OMG, Mugsy, I'm sorry. How frightful. I am glad they caught the guy. What an ugly world this can be.
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
Master Chef
How awful! So thankful they caught the guy. I just hope and pray she didn't suffer too long. It still amazes me that a person would literally take another humans life for some material objects. Seriously....to steal something obviously the plan is to sell it for the money and to buy something.....well that something isn't going to last forever.....is it really worth a human beings life? Not only did he take this womans life but pieces of each person that loved her......he not only robbed her but he robbed her loved ones.
I just hope and pray that justice will be done here ..... I'm already confident it will be when he passes so I'm not worried about that. My heart goes out to all the loved ones and friends.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote