culinary school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
if you become a surgeon, i guess it's all just different kinds of meat slicing, huh luvs??

good luck kiddo. i know you'll be a success at whatever you set your mind to do...

thanks, bucky. you're the best.
i'm not looking into becoming a surgeon, lol; just a regular MD, but i'll probably still get to use the scalpel!:LOL:

update on this long story, lol.
i am going for my new appointment today. things got put off; i didn't make it to my initial appointment. but if this all works out, i can't even say how happy i'd be. just thrilled.:LOL: dunno if i want anything more than to be a chef.

Woo-Hoo! Congrats!:chef:

Another tip - buy some VERY comfortable shoes - check out the various clogs - I wear Dansko and love 'em - and they don't slip on wet floors!

Luvs, best of luck to you. It's wonderful to see that you are going after your goals. Keep us updated.

thanks, abj.
i had to reschedule.
i missed my appointment.:(
i had an allergic reaction AGAIN right around when we should have been leaving for my appoinment. (i had an allergic reaction so bad the other night my Parents decided to call an ambulance.)
all is well, now, but i'm really upset that i missed my appointment.

Last edited:
Luvs - Danskos are cheaper :mrgreen: ; and I seem to remember a couple of chefs I worked with who had Berkies and they slid all over the place. You also want to look at a clog with a closed heel - better protection in the kitchen, where there may be falling knives, hot grease, and who knows what splashing on your foot.

Good luck with that Luvs. You could do what my nephew wants to do. He wants to become a chef on a cruise ship. As soon as his arm gets better (he is the one whose arm was ripped almost all the way off in Iraq a few months ago--last I heard he can lift 5 pounds, and it may be more by now), he plans to go to culinary school in Europe.

I know you will do great!

:) Barbara

4.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom