Culinary School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a plate of the first "afternoon snack" we got to taste. And we have to - it's part of the class ;)

Spaghetti with clam sauce, osso bucco with risotto, gnocchi, calamari with aioli, a perfectly medium-rare steak, and rolled fresh mozzarella with basil and olive oil.

That looks delicious GG :yum:

Thanks, Laurie! I forgot to mention that - on classroom days, we eat from the International Cooking class, and on kitchen lab days, we eat our own food. Tuesday, we made chicken soup and Thursday, we practiced making tourned potatoes and minced and mashed garlic, so we had sauteed potatoes with garlic butter and garlic mashed potatoes for the snack. It turned out quite good, but we'll see as time goes on ;)

YUM!!!!!

I would love to make this one :)

So sorry to hear this GG :(

I do like the sound of the positives though :)

I just wanted to thank you all for your support when I started this. Unfortunately, I started developing peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) in my feet and have had to withdraw from culinary school. It's not safe for me to work in a commercial kitchen environment with a bunch of other people running around. I'm going to finish the sanitation (ServSafe) class, because passing the final exam gives you the national food handlers' certificate; it might come in handy.

On the bright side, I have a cool new set of knives and other tools, a great book from the American Culinary Federation, some new skills and experiences, and a few contacts in the industry. One chef/instructor said to keep in touch with her and we'll brainstorm other ways to reach my goals. It was never my goal to work as a line cook or open a restaurant, so this program probably isn't the best for me anyway. Serendipity, sorta :) I will miss the free afternoon international snack, though :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom