Curators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I came across the term “recipe curator” the other day. I’m a bit vague on the meaning of curator (I will look it up, later, so no definitions needed). What exactly does a “recipe curator do. Collect and categorize recipes? I do that! But I’ve been using a much less attractive term for it, lol!

Can I make any money doing this?

Last edited:
I've always heard the term used in connection with museums.

I guess, we all curate recipes. If you look at my 'Recipes' folder you may come to the conclusion that I don't do a very good job of curating. That's probably why I don't get paid.

I've always heard the term used in connection with museums.

I guess, we all curate recipes. If you look at my 'Recipes' folder you may come to the conclusion that I don't do a very good job of curating. That's probably why I don't get paid.
I too have usually heard the word in relation to museums and libraries.

You only have one recipe folder? I’ve got so many, apps with actual recipes, apps for recipes I develop, folders on my browser for links to recipes, not to mention random scraps of papaer, two notebooks (the kind you actually write in, with ink), and magazines all over the apartment. Sounds like you’re doing a much better job of curating than I am!

I too have usually heard the word in relation to museums and libraries.

You only have one recipe folder? I’ve got so many, apps with actual recipes, apps for recipes I develop, folders on my browser for links to recipes, not to mention random scraps of papaer, two notebooks (the kind you actually write in, with ink), and magazines all over the apartment. Sounds like you’re doing a much better job of curating than I am!

Sounds good but wait, there's more. In that "Recipes" folder are seventeen category folders-meats, poultry, desserts, breads, etc.

THEN, in each of those seventeen folders is a 'Cookbook' folder that holds all my tried and true recipes from that category we like and will make again.

THEN, in each of those seventeen folders are dozens, if not hundreds, of saved recipes that I saved and hoped to try some day. Some of those are decades old and probably haven't been looked at in ten years or more.

I don't have magazines with recipes in them because I don't buy magazines. If I copy recipes from TV shows, I copy them into my computer and file them into that black hole that holds all those other recipes I thought looked good.

Given that I'm a bit CDO, this eats at me all the time but I've learned to deal with it.

So, without going into which of us is less organized, let's just say we could do better.

Back
Top Bottom