Curious, Why Don't More Folks Post Photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
001.JPG

I just love pictures of food.
I'm wondering why more folks
here at DC don't post photos of their creations?
I just go nuts for those.
Just Curious...
How about you? What do you think?

I usually think of a photo after I've already eaten a bunch of my subject! :LOL:

I do take pics of my dinner most nights, just in case, but they never look as good as the plate that was my subject. I guess I'm photography challenged in my old age - or phone camera age, more like it.

For me, there are several reasons.

1. It's a pain in the butt to take pictures with my camera, download them onto my computer then upload them to DC.

2. When I'm in the midst of making dinner, I never think of stopping to take a picture.

3. I don't give a lot of thought to plating pretty food. Just look back at some of my food photos.

No that I have a slick new iPhone, maybe I'll get into the habit. At least #1 won't be an issue.

Last edited:
My food just isn't that photogenic. It's tasty, but not all that purty. And it won't hold still long enough to get its picture taken!

I don't for several reasons:

1. Usually it's still hissing and growling and backing into dark corners where the light isn't good.

2. The airsickness bags next to the plates aren't the pretty designer ones.

3. We only use plates when the troughs and wooden spoons are all in the dishwasher.

4. There's always three or more cats on the table washing their butts.

5. The food looks like burnt offerings and I don't want anyone here to think we have odd religious practices.

6. The biohazard tape around the stove hasn't been removed by the EPA yet and it looks weird.

So you see, I'm such a caring and considerate poster here; I just couldn't do that to all of you wonderful people.

LOL @ CCL.

I post as many as I think worthy of posting, none are even close to professional though.

I prefer uploading from my camera to photobucket.com rather than here however.
Photobucket makes it so durn easy and I think the pictures from there are superior for posting here.

I'm right there with you though Kgirl. I love seeing pictures of food, and appreciate every one.

Last edited:
I post quite a few pics here...:ermm::LOL: I'll post a food photo if I think it looks tasty, or if the sunset is a particularly beautiful one, or if there's a grandkid pic I want to share, or a road trip pic, or if I went to the farmers market and got a good haul, or....or.....:LOL:

But as mentioned above, I ALWAYS love looking at member's pics. Always. :) I don't think anyone cares if they're 'magazine' quality or not, we just love to see pics.

Last edited:
I post quite a few pics here...:ermm::LOL: I'll post a food photo if I think it looks tasty, or if the sunset is a particularly beautiful one, or if there's a grandkid pic I want to share, or a road trip pic, or if I went to the farmers market and got a good haul, or....or.....:LOL:

But as mentioned above, I ALWAYS love looking at member's pics. Always. :) I don't think anyone cares if they're 'magazine' quality or not, we just love to see pics.

I've got some awesome pics of hairless cats....oh, you mean people and food.

Sorry, wrong forum.

I'm not a compulsive picture taker. My phone is barely out of the stone age and doesn't do pictures and I hate carrying extra around with me because I leave it lying or it wanders off.

We just don't think of it. I nearly forgot to take a photo of our Greek dinner the other night and we had just talked about taking a photo about 10 minutes before.

I bought a digi camera just to take photos of my dishes for this forum. (I have posted just 2 photos though so far). I agree with Dawgluver...most of my food is tasty but not that photogenic.

A number of years ago I used to post a lot of pictures to several forums. Over time, as the membership shifted in most forums, it seemed that pictures became less common. Most of the picture posters seemed to leave the forums. First facebook, then instagram made picture sharing simpler. Those other venues also allow you to restrict your social group to just people you like, which has some obvious advantages.

Even facebook has changed. It, too, has become a gathering place for a more mature demographic. The young folks with the fancy phones now use instagram, snapchat, etc. Coincidently, they are also the ones who are trying new foods, cultures, techniques, restaurants, etc. I watch what my nieces and nephews are posting to instagram and I'm blown away.

I guess after seeing those it's hard to believe that anyone would be interested in my dinner plate.

View attachment 23544

I just love pictures of food.
I'm wondering why more folks
here at DC don't post photos of their creations?
I just go nuts for those.
Just Curious...
How about you? What do you think?

I posted some pics last week, but not in the dinner area. They are in the BBQ and Smokin' Meats section. When you cook something "Low and Slow", you have time to take pictures in between beers, err I mean adding splits to the fire box.:angel::LOL:

Saw this moving around on facebook this morning. It seemed appropriate.....

Attachments

• photograph food.jpg
    photograph food.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom