Currency conversion question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I want to out some sterling into dollars. I can do that here or send the sterling to be converted over there. Exchange rate will be the same, but not sure about the fees?

Anyone tell me how you are charged in US of A for currency conversion? (I have only done this by bank account transfers before but this is a regretably small cash amount). I want the money to have optimum value, obviously;)

nobody?

I thought this would be a quick answer :( or maybe you've all forgotten me! lol.

I'm not sure Lulu. The fees most likely vary per institution. You should call them and see what they charge. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

The post office over here does not charge commission for exchanging money. Their exchange rate might be slightly different - don't know how much different it will be.

The post office over here does not charge commission for exchanging money. Their exchange rate might be slightly different - don't know how much different it will be.

Thanks ;) I know what I can get for my sterling best deal UK, I'm wondering what best deal would be in, lets say, Kentucky?? Is there best deal currency converter site for Kentucky I wonder? Its just I'm aware that the difference in a few pennies in sterling means more in dollars right now. :ermm:

As far as I know, here in the US, the best deal you're going to get from a bank is the current conversion rate - plus you'll pay a fee depending on the currency and if you are a bank customer or not. If you can convert at the current rate without a fee at the post office - that's the best deal you're going to find. Even if it was 5% below exchange rate - it would be much cheaper than shipping the pounds over here, having them converted into greenback with a 10%-15% conversion fee, and shipped back.

Check the currency converter site at CNN that LadyCook posted and then compare it to what your post office conversion rate is for that day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom