"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Currently Active Users: 650 (38 members and 612 guests)

What's up with that?

__________________

__________________
qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 3,102
One forum I am on counts you as a guest even after you log on but that only explains a very low number out of that 650.
__________________

__________________
Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
One forum I am on counts you as a guest even after you log on but that only explains a very low number out of that 650.
They're lurkers! LURKERS!!!
__________________
qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,406
There are always some lurkers and hits from search engines that register as well.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
There is absolutely nothing wrong with lurkers. I would not have joined here without lurking around first and seeing how people react to each other and the kind of comradery that makes this place so special. You don't just sign up without knowing what your getting into.
__________________
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 3,102
I didn't know search engine hits count. I Googled to find this place. I was at a forum with nice people, but no one liked to cook or wanted to talk about cooking so I Googled and found this place. I lurked for a while before jumping in. I gotta admit, that's still a lot of lurkers for a Sunday morning.
__________________
Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
I didn't know search engine hits count. I Googled to find this place. I was at a forum with nice people, but no one liked to cook or wanted to talk about cooking so I Googled and found this place. I lurked for a while before jumping in. I gotta admit, that's still a lot of lurkers for a Sunday morning.
It is, but, think of it this way, Sunday is a day that a lot of people have small lunches with friends or dinners. It's a quiet day for people to relax with friends. People from all around the world could be looking for a certain recipe and DC has a lot of recipes to come up on searches. Plus, you've got football and Nascar on today. Lots of people have parties even for regular games and races. We used to sit outside every Sunday with our small group of neighbors and watch the games on the tv we put outside. {I miss that}
__________________
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 3,102
The football and NASCAR were why I was thinking it was a lot for a Sunday. I'm generally watching one or both at the same time (well, until NASCAR turned into the "let's hand JG the cup show." And my football game isn't until tonight. It's a very odd Sunday for me and I generally wouldn't be on the computer at all on a Sunday. I guess I'm just used to other places were Sunday is the quietest day of the week.
__________________
Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
The football and NASCAR were why I was thinking it was a lot for a Sunday. I'm generally watching one or both at the same time (well, until NASCAR turned into the "let's hand JG the cup show." And my football game isn't until tonight. It's a very odd Sunday for me and I generally wouldn't be on the computer at all on a Sunday. I guess I'm just used to other places were Sunday is the quietest day of the week.


no offense Middie!!
__________________
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
no offense Middie!!
Sorry, no offense intended. I know fans of his that feel that's what this year has turned into.
__________________

__________________
Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.