Cute Names!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Dad's favorite pool hall and bar was called "He's Not Here" and that is how they answered the phone.

I don't know if this counts as "cute" but it sure made me crack up when I saw it a few years ago on a trip to Zion National Park.
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1413092217.142403.jpg
Here's some info in the sign.

The founder, Jack Morrison, spelled home made pie as ho-made so the letter would fit on the small sign. It was not until later that the word "ho" got it's current meaning. The Thunderbird is built on tradition and family and thus the sign and the spelling has remained.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

It's funny how old words go through a transformation into new meanings, isn't it Somebunny?

Aunt Bea, I'm glad you found the website for that bakery that Kayelle mentioned. That is one creative piece of advertising!

The city I grew up in had a small hospital. By the time I graduated high school (1969), a bar across from the hospital had a change of ownership and name. Last time we were back there, pretty much making sure my old house still looked good after we sold it in 2006 (it did, same owners too), we saw the place was still there.

319866_372754312786159_697399162_n.jpg

It's funny how old words go through a transformation into new meanings, isn't it Somebunny?

Aunt Bea, I'm glad you found the website for that bakery that Kayelle mentioned. That is one creative piece of advertising!

The city I grew up in had a small hospital. By the time I graduated high school (1969), a bar across from the hospital had a change of ownership and name. Last time we were back there, pretty much making sure my old house still looked good after we sold it in 2006 (it did, same owners too), we saw the place was still there.

I forgot about that till you mentioned it. Years ago, there were two bars across the main road from a hospital in Norfolk and across the street from each other - the Operating Room and the Recovery Room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom