Cute Names!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I've noticed in our travels that some businesses have catchy names. Some are puns, some are take-offs on real phrases, most of them are cute. Some even are funny even though it appears to be unintended. As in, you find it funny if your sense of humor is a little tilted. Like the crematorium I found run by a family called "Pillsbury". :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Have you seen anything that caused you to chuckle? Better yet, did the name draw you into the business? After all, that's probably the original intention of the marketing guy.

We saw this on a walk through the foodie district in Asheville, NC a few years back.

mediaview.aspx

I've seen many like that, I just can't remember one at the moment. Many establishments try a catchy turn on words or phrase to use as a restaurant name. It doesn't make or break them from what I gather.

Last edited:
There was a Vegetarian cafe near where we lived a few years back called the "Garden of Eat'n". I thought it was cute, but it didn't last very long unfortunately. They made a great avocado club sandwich!

Well it's not a business name and it sure as shootin' isn't cute. But I do have a tilted sense of humor and found it funny.

On the back of the garbage trucks from a local company they have a simple statement painted on.

"Free Lunch" :)

my high school gf's father owned a kosher meat company (abeles and heymann) and i got to drive around the company van once in a while to take her out on dates.

the back doors of the van said "don't hit me, i'm full of balogna".

During one of my trips cross country, I think it was in Crawford, VA outside a restaurant we had just eaten in.

Two large billboards side by side.

The first one read "Call your plumber"

The second one read "Pray, It works! :angel:

oh, c'mon. there's the classic sign for joe's diner and gas station.

"eat at joe's, and get gas".

The first time we were in Cozumel, we did a walkabout and came across a lingerie store back in the 'hood with a big sign on the front, "PantyBra".

a now defunct store in new hope, pa. that sold pet toys that specialized for cats was called "just beclaws".

it's hard to find pet boutiques that are more cat than dog, but this was one.

I had to check it out! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Home

Pretty darn cute isn't it AB? She's a nice girl looking for donations to fix up her hearse.

Years ago, we used a mobile dog groomer with a truck called "Waggin Tails"..

Her truck was painted like a dog and had a big tail at the back that blew in the wind when she drove down the road.

Back
Top Bottom