"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
Master Chef

Cyber holiday shopping...

So who's shopping today? Since today is Cyber Monday, with some really great deals, I've been letting my fingers do the walking. All of my kids and grands are adults, and they get money gifts, but my new little year old grandbaby is being shopped for this year. Wooo Hoo....there's nothing like Christmas with a little one! So far, I've bought her four new outfits and a bunch of toys. It's great to not have to go out there to shop, and free shipping today!

So are you cyber shopping?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Not me. Much too early to shop. SO is almost done.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Master Chef

I'm almost finished and I haven't even started!
Old 12-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cyber holiday shopping...

I'm awaiting guidance from my sister-in-law. I have no idea what to get for my youngest niece and nephew. Two birthdays and two Christmas events. They have almost everything, don't really want more toys, their daddy works for a shopping network and gets a big discount, along with his family living in a big metro area. It may just be gift certificates!
Old 12-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
No Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping for me. I was done with all our shopping by the middle of October. Aside from that, I actively dislike shopping in any way, shape or form. I'm not even too crazy about grocery shopping.

For most of my life, a large portion of what I/we give family and friends are gifts that we made. Sometimes it's a handmade item or a food gift. Now that all of the children are grown and have growing families of their own, they get money. The grandchildren are getting older, too, and are out of the toys stage, so money appears to be their gift of choice. One of the granddaughters (She'll be 11 on Friday.) is already saving for her first car.

It doesn't seem to matter how tempting the advertisers try to make it, I just don't bite.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Master Chef

I don't like going to shops unless I'm buying something for myself. I did all my xmas shopping for the grandkids on-line last week.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Well Saturday I bought myself a new laptop online does that count

My laptop is 7 years old and is on its last leg, it's been a faithful machine, but it's time to move on.

I have yet to buy anything for anyone else. Tomorrow there is a planned power outage between 9-2 so a perfect day to go out shopping. I'll be looking for a new dinnerware set for mom, for her new house. She always admires my stuff and really likes my taste so this will be perfect. I told her not to buy cookware (she loves mine) that I would get her a set for her birthday, about the time her house is built.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, Kayelle, you gave me the push I needed. Got a National Geographic catalog today, and remembered that I'd also saved a CyberMonday email from Nat Geo offering free shipping! So I saved in shipping and got the kids some cool scientific stuff that will hopefully meet with SIL's approval.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
Master Chef

Cool scientific stuff sounds like a perfect choice from Auntie Dawg. Glad you found some bargains, and Nat. Geo is a great site!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm shopping, but not for anything special.