D-Day; Mamma and Papa's Arrival is Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
It's 1:25am and I can't sleep yet. They will be arriving at approximately 4:00pm Eastern time.

Everything is ready. Their room is perfect. I have the light food we discussed earlier ready to go, along with the rest of their favorite food for other meals.

I bought a Butterball turkey. This seems fairly easy, yes? I'll be roasting it in my nice electric roaster. That will leave the stove's oven available for the biscuits.

My roasted chickens become so very nice in the roaster, so I'm sure the turkey will also.

I'll go get nice fresh flowers for them as I greet them at the airport. I'm so excited!

I pray for their safe journey to here and to return home.

I'm so very, very happy! And thank you all for being here to help with any cooking problems. Oh, and our guests will be Lakisha and her Mamma! Lakisha and I have become such very, very close friends. They are happy about meeting my parents.

This will be such fun! I thank you all for your help with this.

With love,
~Cat

Well young lady, it sounds like you have everything under control. I am very proud of you. Give Mamacat and Papacat a bit hug for me. Relax and have fun with them while they are here. :angel:

So happy you will all be together for these holidays. I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Oh, and very yummy foods too!

Oh they are here! And we had such a wonderful time! Their flight was only 19 minutes late, for we've been having bad weather. I swear I think I was sweating like crazy waiting for them! I couldn't sit down. I paced and paced and a nice man asked me if I was all right. I said I was, and told him I was waiting for my parents from Romania and how we'd been apart so long and that I was just anxious. He was so very nice to me!

Then I saw a plane, and yes, it was theirs! I was almost jumping up and down! And the next thing I knew, I saw their faces and that's when I lost my composure completely. We all cried and hugged. Even Papa cried! That nice man told them they had a daughter who loved them very much, and they said, "Yes, we know she does."

We got home through the nasty rain. I was nervous but I did very well and we arrived intact and so was Joy. I hate rain when I have to drive in it. We had the light snacks, Papa went straight to bed, Mamma had her bath and then she went to bed.

DA was so very excited also! We're all so very happy tonight! Mamma and Papa liked everything I've done, and Mamma said I was very much matured and she said, "in charge."

They are very happy with me! When Mamma kissed me good night and hugged me, she said she was proud of me! Papa said this also when I made him the most perfect dirty martini. I can't believe they're so proud of me!

I think this is the best day of my life. I am so very, very happy! As I type these words, I still have such grateful feelings and a few very happy tears, still.

I thank you all for sharing this with me. I couldn't have done this so well for them without your help and advice. DA is in bed also, and our home is very quiet except for me in the basement, thinking of how blessed I am.

THIS is Thanksgiving, I see now. THIS is what it is all about. It is about love, kindness, caring, and being thankful of all I have. See this? See what I have? I have my precious family, my dear friends, and I have my friends here.

The man who found me in that trash can might have just walked away and left me there. Uncle Nicu might not have been taken to the same hospital where I was taken. Mamma may have never seen me.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am so very grateful and I give thanks to God for my life. I'm so surrounded by love and the caring of such wonderful people.

I hope all of you are as blessed, loved, and as happy as I.

And I thank you all again.

With love,
~Cat

What a lovely story and a fantastic reunion with your parents, Cat! And what a long trip for your parents, I bet they're exhausted.

You did well! Now enjoy!

Dear sweet Cat. Now you can relax a bit.

Now all you have to do is have fun and enjoy all the time you spend with your parents. I can only imagine how many words you all will speak while they are here. I don't think I can count that high...or anyone else for that matter.:LOL::LOL:

I'm so excited for you and can tell you have gotten the full grasp of the "thanks" of Thanksgiving.

Oh dear Cat, you really have expressed the true meaning of Thanksgiving. You are a girl who knows the importance of being grateful for what so many take for granted. You deserve to have a wonderful life and this is my wish for you. Enjoy your holiday with your family!

Cat, my heart is just filled with love for you. You are the kind of person every parent hopes their child will become. You understand the meaning of the words, "giving thanks." You understand the meaning of "Honor thy mother and father." You understand the meaning of being humble. But most of all you understand the true meaning of "family." And if you don't have a family that loves you and accepts you for who you are, then you are definitely deprived of some of life's joys. This is certainly is not you and your family.

Your parents are so fortunate to have a daughter like you. And they know this too. And for this reason they too are thankful. Like you, they too know what the word "family" means. You have brought so much joy into their lives.

So tomorrow when you sit down to your wonderful dinner, you can do as most American families do. Starting with the head of the household while holding hands, each person states what they are thankful for.

Cat, relax and enjoy the stay with your parents. You are doing a wonderful job. :angel:

Last edited:
Oh Cat .. you have brought tears to my eyes!! Your story is so wonderful and I am so very happy for you. Enjoy the visit with your parents, take lots of picturs and keep a diary so you can look back in the future and have all these warm feelings all over again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom