Daddy is not home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:) Yipee! Dont get me wrong I love DH but he is out of town until Sunday I feel like a kid who's parents left for the weekend.The funny thing is Im not doing anything different but just the peace and quiet is wonderful. No nagging and the pets are quiet not taking advantige of his good nature. Oh and I dont hafto cook anything for dinner if I dont want to and so I am not cooking.

I love my Dh too, but since this being sick business, I can't turn around without bumping into him..If I get angry, he calls one of the girls, and the questions are endless..So when he works on mondays, I bloom...and enjoy the peace and QUIET!!! So I fully understand your joy right now..;)

kadesma

LOL I know what you mean.

When it goes too long though, it can get old! For the last 6 months, and for the next 5 months and 10 days James is gone from Sunday night until Friday evening. He is only home on weekends and some holiday breaks. I have to admit that I love having the days to myself most of the time. I also like having total control of the remote! :LOL: I also like cooking lamb for supper now and then without someone saying that it is gross! But I do miss my sweetie and will be glad when he is finished with his training. :wub:

:)Barbara

Thanks, ladies, now I feel like staying at work till at least one. ;)
:)Oh no Charlie dont think that. I think when DH is is gone I will have a few drinks and stay up until at least midnight watching movies.What really happens is I go to bed earlier than usual.:LOL:

Well Charlie, you know what nights my husband isn't home! You can bring the mint sauce. ;)

Just kidding everyone! Besides, if I'm the only one eating the lamb, there's more for me! It's funny, my mom loved lamb too, and my dad didn't. Whenever she made lamb for the rest of us, she fixed a smoked pork chop for my dad. I don't think I have ever fixed lamb when James was here, but if I ever do I will give him a pork chop, since he loves them.

Guess I'm the odd duck out. I'm lost when Buck isn't around. In the 30+ years that we've been together there's been only a few occasions when we've been apart. I don't like it one bit.

For the last 14 years, since moving to Kentucky, we're together 24/7 and haven't killed each other yet.:LOL: During our time here, Buck went back to the east coast to attend the college graduation of one of our sons. He was only gone for about 3 days, but it seemed like an eternity. Our big old house seems so empty.

Last edited:
Charlie, don't get ruffeled feathers, all this is tongue in cheek...We love our DH's more than anything..I'd be totally lost without mine, but after being sick, so much piles up and there is so much you have to come to grips with..You have a zillion people telling you do this, take that, go here, don't, do, don't that you long to have a piece of yourself just for YOU!!! So a few hours of just you and your thoughts, doing work or doing nothing, is heaven...And, I bet all the men have had these feelings too..A fishing trip, a day of golf..Your time of peace and quiet ..You work hard and deserve it..But then so do I..
So don't be upset at our chat, just relax and plan you next time of peace and quiet.
kadesma

Since his surgery earlier this year , DH, ( who has never been a voluntary early riser) sometimes sleeps in until 10.00a.m. or later and I find myself creeping in to make sure his chest is still rising and falling..just like we used to do when the children were babies! My quiet time and 'space' time is early in the morning or in the afternoon when he falls asleep again! :)

I guess I have the best of both worlds. My DH is here all day but he is down in his workshop everyday from 7 AM to 4 in the afternoon. He only comes up to get a sandwich mid-day and to read the paper. He has his buddy's stopping by the workshop all day long. So he is a pretty happy guy.

Guess I'm the odd duck out. I'm lost when Buck isn't around. In the 30+ years that we've been together there's been only a few occasions when we've been apart. I don't like it one bit.

For the last 14 years, since moving to Kentucky, we're together 24/7 and haven't killed each other yet.:LOL: During our time here, Buck went back to the east coast to attend the college graduation of one of our sons. He was only gone for about 3 days, but it seemed like an eternity. Our big old house seems so empty.

I'm with you! I hate it when Paul is gone... yeah.. I get to eat what ever
I want but, I also have to sleep alone and that sucks. I can't sleep with out him beside me.:)

jpmcgrew.... I know exactly how you feel! My DH works at home so anytime he goes out of town or just leaves to run an errand, I feel like being a girl!!! I take a long bubble bath and do girly things that I normally would not do if he was around. I treat myself when he is gone. And as you said, I love him, but I also love to have 'ME' time as well!!! Enjoy it!

I think part of it, for me, is that I was divorced for about 23 years before I met James. I am so glad I found James, as I hated being alone all that time, I love being married, and I love him, but I also had enough time to get set in my ways in certain things. So an occasional break now and then is kind of nice. I still would rather he was here at night though! I can't wait until his training is over and he is home for good. We knew it would be hard, but we also knew that in the long-run this was what we had to do.

Barbara L

Second time around was good for you! Everyone tells me I should accept when someone asks me out but the experience I had is definitely one I cannot forget. Being married for too long, after having father of same personality, I don't want to chance it. I am friends with everyone. Trouble is, when I talk to someone else who has mate married or whatever, I do create some sense of jealousy. My one friend's husband tells his wife we had real mad affair when they were dating. I NEVER did anything I wouldn't have admitted to her but only natural she believes her husband. Well, I am going off here I only wanted to tell you Barbara L, to appreciate his kindness and the little things he does for you. They always say marriage 50-50 but to me should be 100-100. Most of the friends I have who are married to the guys I fixed them up with are still married. I would like to hear what they say about me when they get into arguments! Guess I am always to blame then. Being married for more than 10 years today is quite an accomplishment and these people are married almost 4 times as long. Reaching 50 says something about integrity. Oh, I don't want to take my ex back even though he wants to. Had his chance and wouldn't be any better. Barbara L. I wish you many many happy days together and when he is gone for short time. ISn't it great when he comes home? The best.

I`m like that with the wife, I love her an everything But... I do like my peace and quiet when she goes to the gym in the mornings 3 days a week, or when I`m at College or the gardens.

even my Daughter is much calmer when she`s not here.

My dh is working for the next 48 hours, so it'll be cocoa crispies for dinner. I eat a lot of junk when he's away. Ice cream, sodas, all the good stuff.

I get to take a break from cleaning while he's gone. He likes the house neat and I let it get dirty. Ah, no cleaning for me tonight.

Thanks ITK! I do feel very fortunate the second time around. I married for the wrong reasons the first time. I was very shy and when I met the first one I thought he was my only chance. We only knew each other 3 months when we were married. I probably wouldn't have married him then, but when my dad said, "Oh no you won't!"--Well, I'm sure some of you know how that goes! He (my ex) said things like, "I'll never cheat on you unless you deserve it." Being very naive, I knew that I was never going to do anything to "deserve" it (what does that mean anyway?!) so I wasn't worried. What I didn't know is that his idea of deserving it was that he just felt like it. I was his 3rd wife, which should have told me something to begin with (I was 20 and he was 25). He had a daughter with one of his other wives and with a girlfriend, and who knows how many that he didn't know about. When we had been married 7 months, I got pregnant. His first reaction was, "Oh I guess it's time to get an..." (I don't even want to write it). I said, "I'd divorce you first," and he said, "I was just joking." Yeah, right. Anyway, when our daughter was a few months old, he woke up one morning and said, "I want a divorce. How soon can you be out?" Wow, sorry to go on so long! This is just about as long as that marriage! I won't need to go to therapy today! LOL Just kidding!

Anyway, I decided I would rather be single the rest of my life than to end up in another bad marriage. It really was hard sometimes, but James was worth the wait!

I wish mine would leave for a couple days. How do you guys get so lucky ????
You need that T-shirt that says, "How can I miss you if you won't go away?!"

Back
Top Bottom