Daily Wizard Of Oz Reference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife said:
Hey, I just started reading another book by Dan Brown.
The Wizard of Oz was mentioned!
There is your reference for the day. You will start to notice it more and more now :)

i didn't realize just how blatantly true the saying, 'there's no place like home' was until not so very long ago. but now i know there is nothing like the aroma of your childhood home and the inherent knowledge that someone will be there for you at the end of the day.

A couple of years ago when we were on the way home from North Carolina we had a tire "explode" on the truck. It tore out the wireing from the trailor to the truck. A trucker pulled over and changed the tire for us but he had to jack up the 5th wheel and the truck by hand. We were about 14 miles from Tucomecary (sp?) New Mexico so we went on in and stayed in a campground. Just about the time we were getting into the 5th wheel it started to rain. I was sitting in my swivel rocker and said "Paul, that is a bad looking cloud headed our way and it's RED! It came at us from the side and boy were we rocking! My chair was going so fast I was hanging on for dear life :sick: when ol dummy said "Hey Dorthey! Want to take your dog for a ride" Meaning my little Dove.

Back
Top Bottom