Dang dreaded time change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had three referendums on introducing DLS in this state in my lifetime and on each occasion it has been a resounding NO. Despite this, we are currently in a three-year trial with one more year to go. We don't need it. At the height of summer it is still light at nearly 8pm with dawn at 5am under nature's clock. We should be coming to an end of this in the next couple of weeks, not sure when. Can't wait. I have missed my early mornings. I can't let my cats out before it is light and if I get up before they can go out, my Love Cats turn into The Destroyers, so we all get up with the sun.

We have these stupid ads to delay turning on the a/c during 3-6pm "use the cooling air from outside when you get home and open doors and windows" - except the pillocks obviously haven't been outside of their airconditioned offices between 3 and 6pm or they would realise that it is still hot then, with our maximum temps not being reached until after 4pm or even 5pm some summer days! They just want us to not overload their pathetic, ageing electricity grid which they haven't planned to upgrade soon enough. GRRRRRR!!!!!!

I really don't like it. Especially since they (I'd like to know who) decided to extend it. I like to walk early in the day, and it is way too dark to do that before at least 7:30 or so.

They said on the news today that losing that hour affects our bodies not just in the immediate but for up to months until the summer. I didn't realize it was that long. I can certainly tell today, I couldn't get to sleep last night and getting up this morning was hard.

It does not affect me in the least. Well actually that is not true. Last night I had a little more trouble falling asleep than usual, but that will not happen tonight.

I love this time of year when I get an extra hour of sunlight on my ride home from work. Leaving the office when it is still sunny is somehow much less depressing than leaving in pitch black.

I adjust pretty quickly too. That first morning is hard (mostly my fault though because I get to bed too late anyway). I also don't get jet lag--wonder if that is related. Don't know why that thought came to me!

:)Barbara

It somewhat bothered me since not all the clocks in my house were set properly so it was a debate as to what timezone we may be in. Also, my watch died so it was on it's own timezone. Not all of the clocks at university are set right either and some, are completely off by anywhere from 30 mins to several hours. Luckily, the weather network had the proper time.

It somewhat bothered me since not all the clocks in my house were set properly so it was a debate as to what timezone we may be in. Also, my watch died so it was on it's own timezone. Not all of the clocks at university are set right either and some, are completely off by anywhere from 30 mins to several hours. Luckily, the weather network had the proper time.
LOL If my husband had his way, we would get rid of all clocks and watches. I am the type who has to have my clocks and watches on the exact time, and if you ask me the time and it is 5:36, I will tell you it is 5:36, not 5:30 or even 5:35.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom