Dang dreaded time change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Someone had to do it. Someone had to make sure the clocks were set to the right time for this morning. Someone had to get to work ontime. NOW SOMEONE'S GOING TO BE AT WORK ONE HOUR BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE. Because someone goofed! ME! Hard as I tried to do it right, I'm up and at work and no one else is, but rest assured, they will be in an hour. aRgh!!!​

So sorry Lefse. :ROFLMAO: - did u have a little tremor in you finger and pushed the button twice ? Poor thing - Hope the rest of your day is better.

BarbL.

I love it. No more being dark at 6 o'clock !!
I always set mine before I go to bed though.
I don't wait til 2 a.m. like they say to do.

I like the extra hour of daylight, but being dark in the morning really rots. How is this suppose to save energy if I have to turn my lights on the the morning? :LOL::wacko:

I LOVE it!! I know it sounds silly when you think about the logistics of it, but it definitely makes my life easier. For one thing, the "hounds from "heck" don't start griping about their dinner until it starts to get dark, so I at least "feel" like I have extra time to get other things done before having to deal with them - like deal with the "ponies" & their griping - lol!!

I'm with you Sparrow, now it's dark at 6, when I head out to work. When the snow leaves I won't mind so much, but for right now it stinks. Put it back where it used to be or leave it alone.

And didn't Verizon used to take care of the time change on their cell phones? My alarm on my cell phone, the only alarm I use, went off an hour late this morning, then because I had set all the clocks ahead last night, something I don't usually do, I had no idea what the heck time it was in my early morning haze. I looked at my Wally World clock radio that is supposed to keep track of DST, but when they changed the DST last year, that never changes on time anymore..... apparently. I was thinking for sure my cell phone had to be right. Maybe that's when I had a Blackberry it used to keep track of DST. I called Verizon Wireless and the first automated message I heard was to power off and on your cell phone to get the time to change. That doesn't seem right.

I just wish they would pick one and stick with it.

I agree. And... at least wait till Spring begins March 20. :wacko: I've already started running the A/C, as it was 80 degrees yesterday.

lg32162799fl4.jpg

Last edited:
Its going to be lighter in the morning, not darker>> :) Spring Forword.

Think of it this way - 6:00 am - the sun may JUST be coming up - now the sun is JUST coming up at 7:00 am - thus keeping it darker for an extra hour in the morning.

It gets dark say at 7:00 PM now - Spring forward and it gets dark at 8:00 PM.

(I'm just stating these times for a reference - not really sure what time the sun comes up :LOL:)

Yes Barb L., you're right - eventually it WILL be lighter in the morning, but due to Mother Nature rather than Daylight Savings Time. It's been getting a little lighter earlier every morning for the past couple of months. It's the natural way of things. (And I should know, since I'm up at 5:30 a.m. every day - lol!)

However, the unnatural & sudden hour change in time that we make has it just appear "darker" for the time being. Once Mother Nature catches up with us, everything will settle down.

Yes Barb L., you're right - eventually it WILL be lighter in the morning, but due to Mother Nature rather than Daylight Savings Time. It's been getting a little lighter earlier every morning for the past couple of months. It's the natural way of things. (And I should know, since I'm up at 5:30 a.m. every day - lol!)

However, the unnatural & sudden hour change in time that we make has it just appear "darker" for the time being. Once Mother Nature catches up with us, everything will settle down.

Mother Nature - she's been around for awhile right? Why don't we listen to her? :LOL: (I understand the whole farmer/crop thing though) - but Mother Nature was here first! :ermm:

Its going to be lighter in the morning, not darker>> :) Spring Forword.
No, Barb, what was 5:30 will be 6:30 and it's dark at 5:30 the sun was just barely coming up at 6:20 on Friday. Like now, it's already 3:30 but it only feels like 2:30 and is according to my DVD player :LOL:

We were completely prepared to day, all clocks set and alarm ready. Get dressed for church, out to the garage, cars dead!!:ohmy:

Turns out the kids left three of the overhead lights on and drained the battery on it.:mad:

So, got it jumped but missed church.... you know what they say about best laid plans.:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom