Dark Cloud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Bet everytime you all see my name you know it is containing a 'dark cloud'. Reason why, is I can't figure people out. Just this week more stories about animal abuse which drives me wild and not very good to be around. A four month old boxer who got out of his owner's house came home with his ears cut off. Vet said worse case of abuse he has seen. Sure did lousy job of removing them. No, I won't express how I feel anymore. I hope you all make sure to love your pets a lot more than before. Who knows what would happen if they ever got lost?

ner of puppies that froze could face charges
By Michael Shaw

Rescued litter of 4 puppies found in Cahokia who survived.
(Handout/P-D)

The owner of four puppies that perished in sub-freezing temperatures when left outside this week told a Cahokia code enforcement officer Thursday that she didn't want to disturb the newborn dogs by touching them to bring them inside, the officer said.

"She's denying everything," said officer Charles Robinson, who also works part time as a Cahokia police officer. Robinson found the litter Wednesday after he was inspecting a nearby home and a construction worker told him of a chained dog that didn't have food or water.

Authorities are expected to consider today whether to file charges against the owner, who could not be reached for comment on Thursday.

The dog and four pups who survived are recuperating in Edwardsville. The mother dog has been dubbed "Holly" by members of the Metro East Humane Society, who chose the name because of the Christmas season. The mother has been described by Robinson and humane society workers as "very friendly."

Advertisement

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom