"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Head Chef

Because then it wouldn't have been a surprise!

Let's see, if it is 2.16am in Britain... then it must be 3.16am where your Mamma is?

Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Like you, I am a big girl. I don't have to call you when I come here. I was in fact, writing to a very nice friend of yours in a private message.

Before you ask, no, I won't tell you. But I can tell you that I am very proud of you for making friends here. You have chosen a safe place to express yourself on the Internet, as far as reasonably safe places are. You're learning to cook, and you're learning some life lessons as well.

You aren't able to actively socialize very much with your classmates because of your responsibilities to Aunt Stela. In a way, I know this is detrimental to you. This is a time for you to blossom in a social way, but you have chosen to take a different path. When we asked you if you would be interested in going to America to take care of her and go to college, remember this? You said, "I'll go, Mamma. Someone has to do this and I am the logical choice for it."

Remember, Cat? Your cousins failed miserably. It came down to whether you go, or Aunt Stela had to find someone to be with her.

I am putting this up for all to see for a reason. I'm not sure if they know this, but your friends need to know. You went to America willingly, while knowing you would have to sacrifice a social life and many of the enjoyments of being a young woman in America.

Papa and I are proud of you. Aunt Stela is proud of you. These people in here are proud of you also, Cat. Your Uncle Nicu is also very proud of you.

I saw the post of the silly string on your precious Joy as you know. You are right. No one gets a new car for the first time in their lives but once.

It is very late, and I must go. I want you to save my message and look at it often. We believe in you, Aunt Stela and her friends and neighbors believe in you, and many of the people on this website believe in you. You need to take comfort in this and understand you are doing the right thing.

I might also add that your grades are very good and you will be successful in whatever life brings to you. Keep your humor, keep your steadfastness, and keep your love of humanity. With this on your side, you will never go wrong.

I love you.
MammaCat

Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
Because then it wouldn't have been a surprise!

Let's see, if it is 2.16am in Britain... then it must be 3.16am where your Mamma is?
Hello Katy. No, it is nearly 5:30am here in Brasov. I stayed up to be with Cat but now, I am very tired.

Good night and best wishes!

MammaCat
Old 10-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, what a lovely letter from your Mama. Treasure it. And like she said, save it and every so often when you are feeling low, read it again.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

MammaCat, I thank you so much for sharing your daughter with us.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Proud American

Mamma is so good to me that this makes my heart go to thumping in an odd way. I miss her so very badly.

I do not not know what to say of this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #17
Master Chef

You don't have to say anything Cat. We've all been there with our Mom and/or Dad. Just enjoy the love.

I'm glad your Aunt Stela had such a special birthday. 95 is quite an accomplishment! And you are special for giving her such good care and love.