"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Proud American

DA's Birthday! So Very Much Fun!

Da was 95 on the second of October, but she became ill so we waited to celebrate this to today when she was well.

On her birthday, I gave her the recordings of my playing piano, I gave her a dozen of beautiful roses, a very nice card I made so she could feel of it and $200 for a nice dinner at a nice restaurant with her boy friend. I saved very much for this.

Today we had the most wonderful celebration! On my new gas stove, I made her a kitty litter cake. It was so funny! Gwen, DAB (new abbreviation: DA's Boyfriend), many neighbors and friends came to her celebration. I had made nice cards to give to them of her birthday. There were 14 people here of this!

We had the cake, I made a very nice punch of ginger ale and frozen punch, we had ice cream and party favors I bought of small memo pads and cute animal refrigerator magnets and some nice bookmarks for everyone.

DA received very nice presents! She was given an owl necklace, a nice set of chargers for her table, a sweater, a very fancy homemade scarf, three audio books, a crystal vase, a gift card of Olive Garden, an angel figurine, four embroidered handkerchiefs, a silver small spoon from Belgium, a pair of very nice bedroom slippers, a pretty paisley skirt, a gift card of Outback, a handmade shawl, and another $200 from Mamma and Papa.

Today I also gave her more flowers, and a recording of a letter I wrote to her, and a pair of blue topaz earrings.

The cake was very disgusting and everyone loved of this! There is no more of it. It is a very good cake but it looks very disgusting. I am so happy of this today. DA had such a wonderful time! When I tucked her to bed, she reached to me and said, "I love you, Cat. Do not ever forget that."

Oh! I do not believe life could be better than this! God is so good to me! She is very happy of her birthday and we had a wonderful time!

Here is her cake I made:

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps6fbb2558.jpg

That is so gross but I did a very good job of this with my new stove! There is none left.

I am so very happy! DA loved her birthday celebration.

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Master Chef

Cat, That cake looks GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

Please, tell us how you made it!!!!!!!!

Happy belated birthday to DA!

Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, that's hilarious! Great job!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Happy b'lated birthday wishes to DA! Sounds like you had a very special day. She is blessed to have you there in her life--as are you blessed to have her in your life.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Happy Birthday, DA!
Cat, you gotta tell us how you went about making that cake!
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Happy Birthday, DA!!

What a totally disgusting cake, Cat!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's great! I'm so glad you and DA had fun and that horrible cake is all gone!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Proud American

Here is the recipe of it:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box yellow cake mix
One package of vanilla sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
I box vanilla Jello pudding
Tootsie rolls

Bake the cake mixes. Let them stand until they are cold. While waiting for this, make the Jello pudding and put this in the refrigerator to chill.

When cakes are cold and pudding is chilled. crumble up the cake to the litter pan bottom. Mix in the pudding until the cake is just moist, not soggy.

Put the sandwich cookies in the food processor until it looks like sand. Put all but one third of a cup on top.

Melt the Tootsie rolls a little bit in the microwave oven. Roll and shape these to look like cat poo. Spread these over the top and put a little bit of the cookie sand over them. Add the green coloring to the remainder of this, and sprinkle this around the top.

This tastes very good!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I heard from Aunt Stela and you know it Cat! Your cake was disgusting....and delicious!

Surprise!

MammaCat
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
Proud American

Mamma! You are up so late! I just came from to putting DA to her bed. Why did you not call me?

Love,
~Cat