Davinci Code, the movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I just heard that they cast Tom Hanks as the lead...
What do you think about this choice?

I read the book, it was GREAT
and can't wait to see the movie but I'm a little unsure about Tom.
I like him and he's a great actor but I think Pierce Brosnan would be better for this role... That's who I kept seeing as I read the book.

What are your thoughs?:):)

pdswife said:
I just heard that they cast Tom Hanks as the lead...
What do you think about this choice?

I read the book, it was GREAT
and can't wait to see the movie but I'm a little unsure about Tom.
I like him and he's a great actor but I think Pierce Brosnan would be better for this role... That's who I kept seeing as I read the book.

What are your thoughs?:):)

If you liked the DaVinci Code you shouuld read Angels and Demons.

Personally, I'd like to see a relatively unknown actor in the role of Langdon but that's just me. I agree with ironchef 100%. I finished reading "Angels and Demons" just a few weeks ago and I liked it better than "The DaVinci Code!"

DampCharcoal said:
Personally, I'd like to see a relatively unknown actor in the role of Langdon but that's just me. I agree with ironchef 100%. I finished reading "Angels and Demons" just a few weeks ago and I liked it better than "The DaVinci Code!"

I agree with you guys. Langdon as an unknown would have been the way to go. Tom Hanks really doesn't seem right to me. I also liked Angels & Demons better than DV Code. I'm trying to think of someone who would seem right for the role of Langdon, but nothing comes to mind. Hopefully the movie will be good.

I really enjoyed Angels & Demons too. Not sure which one I liked better both were GREAT!

Tried to read another of his books... the name excapes me though... it was science fiction and I couldn't get into it at all.:(

Sorry, but that useless book has caused no end of problems for Rosslyn Chapel, near Edinburgh.... loads of tourists arrive - sure they will 'find' the holy grail.

IT WAS A WORK OF FICTION, FOLKS... not even a good book, it was badly written - I read MOST of it, but was underwhelmed.

I like Tom Hanks, though!

You're the first person I've talked to who didn't like the book Ishbel.
I know it's fiction... but
I found myself wanting to believe that it was real. I don't think it was badly written at all.

Cool that we can all have different opinions and still be friends!!!

Wouldn't do if we all liked the same things, PDswife!

I bought the book because so many people raved about it to me. I found it didn't ring true - but maybe that's because I know places like Rosslyn very well! There are tourists going to the chapel nowadays demanding (!) that as they have read the book they KNOW that areas of the chapel should be dug up to 'find' things... The guides patiently explain that the book is a work of fiction...

I'm just glad I don't live in the village - the place can appear to be under siege during the summer months :neutral:

Didn't read the book cause parents said no and I like Tom Hanks.

Cameron

Well, umm... junior fiction (NOT teen fiction crap I mean stuff for kids 10-12), Cat Who series, Sherlock Holmes, historical fiction, non-fiction Stretching books, Cooking books, Writing books, Journalism books, sport books, history books, computer books and that about sums it all up! Oh! and car books, magazines Machine Design, Autoweek, Motor Trend, Popular Mechanics (for the mags in italics I have one or two sections I like), and Martha Stewart Kids.

While Grace likes more fiction than non-fiction.

Cameron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom