Daylight saving time (light-hearted humor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a picture of the watch...
That is a beautiful watch, Katie. I think my aunt had one that looked like that. If she did, I have no idea what I did with it. :huh: I got to sort through stuff from four people who collected much "stuff" when I cleaned out my parents' home after Mom died. So. Many. Things! :wacko:

I know how DST works, Andy. ;) However, when you move from an area where the sun sets at 9:05 PM on the longest day of the year, DST seems just...well, normal. Not special.
Well, you did say that only morning people benefit from DST. I grew up in Michigan, and I still miss it being light outside till after 9 pm. But I do appreciate having extra daylight in the evenings. I get to spend more time in the garden or sitting on the porch [emoji2]

What a beautiful piece. I noticed that in using the Roman Numerals, the did the four the old fashion way and the way it should be. IV, not IIII.

Thanks, Addie. My father brought it brand-new. I'm the original owner and have had it for over 50 years, so I guess it's officially an antique. It IS a beautiful piece, case is white gold and, a I mentioned, the crystal is faceted sapphire. It was made when a watch was much more than simply a way to keep track of time.

Where do you usually put your hands on the steering wheel when you're driving? 10 and 2 maybe? Now spring forward an hour ;)
LOL.....ok. I originally got the part about putting my hands on the steering wheel at 11 and 3 but didn't connect that with springing forward... Damn, I feel stupid...:LOL:

Last edited:
I read that to Pirate more than two hours ago and he still is chuckling. I have to say, so am I. One of the best I have heard in a long time.

I love a "just a really good clean" joke. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
For me, the hardest part about the change to Daylight Savings Time is getting used to driving with my hands at 11 and 3.

img_1503926_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif

Um, could you pass a paper towel and the glass cleaner, please?

Back
Top Bottom