Daylight Saving Time - Set your clocks forward.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently in Panamá for a while. Being only 8 degrees of latitude from the equator, we never change for Daylight Savings Time. But thanks for the heads up, as our family and friends will be changing their times. Important for making phone calls.

I despise the havoc this does to my body clock twice every year! I don't care if we're permanently on or off so long as it's permanent!

But thanks for the heads up! We're in denial so we won't be chasing clocks until tomorrow :rolleyes:

I despise the havoc this does to my body clock twice every year! I don't care if we're permanently on or off so long as it's permanent!

But thanks for the heads up! We're in denial so we won't be chasing clocks until tomorrow :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. It used to drive Buck and me crazy, too. Then, we discovered that if we set our clocks ahead early in the day, even in the morning, on Saturday, we felt very little deprivation. Been doing it ever since and don't really notice the change.

Now, this doesn't work for everyone, especially those who must work on Saturday, etc., but it worked for us because we were/are able to set our schedule.

It stays Standard Eastern Time here. Ho hum. No scurrying around for us, changing all those clocks. :applause:

Another suggestion from Bobby Flay is to check your dried spices. If you bought them before the last time you changed the clocks, you'll probably need to chuck them. I thought that was an interesting thought process but it makes sense since spices don't last forever.

As I mentioned in 2009, our clocks, timers, etc. all get moved ahead on Saturday. In recent years I usually do this about 4 p.m. We're usually busy with some sort of activity or task and by the time our evening meal is served
we settle down to an evening of watching TV, we're barely aware of any change.

I've already reset all the light timers and the coffee maker and a few of the clocks in areas we don't frequent much.

'Bout done and expect a smooth transition.

Back
Top Bottom