"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
Master Chef

It's really hot today. They say the heat wave is going to last till next week :(

It's not easy eating anything in this weather!

What I had to day...

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: A few sticks of biltong

Snack: A few of my children's yogurt covered cashew nuts

Dinner: Small portion of pap with chakalaka (homemade and it's got lots of veg in!) and 1 boerewors sausage.

To drink I had water and a glass of ginger beer.
I'm on 895 calories for today. Can't eat more it's blistering hot. I've eaten all the ice in my freezer!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #42
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
It's really hot today. They say the heat wave is going to last till next week :(

It's not easy eating anything in this weather!

What I had to day...

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: A few sticks of biltong

Snack: A few of my children's yogurt covered cashew nuts

Dinner: Small portion of pap with chakalaka (homemade and it's got lots of veg in!) and 1 boerewors sausage.

To drink I had water and a glass of ginger beer.
I'm on 895 calories for today. Can't eat more it's blistering hot. I've eaten all the ice in my freezer!
How about some frozen yogurt?! Yum! I like to munch on frozen peas too. It's like healthy candy. (Yes, I do mean while they are still frozen!)

Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
How about some frozen yogurt?! Yum! I like to munch on frozen peas too. It's like healthy candy. (Yes, I do mean while they are still frozen!)
Good idea, I'll get some tomorrow It's 9:30 pm.Time for bed, it's school tomorrow and the kids are near impossible to wake up

Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #44
Master Chef

What I had today.

1 cup of coffee with milk no sugar
1 black coffee
Lots of water with lemon and ice!

Few leftover strips of beef

A pot of plain yogurt

Dinner: Potato bake with cheese, steamed patty pan squash and a german sausage with sauerkraut.

922 calories so far, might have some milk before bed or something to snack on to make up the rest of my calories for the day.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

hmmm, so far...

Two slices of toast with butter (dang, where was my scale when I was making that?)
34 oz of coffee with milk
Two Smith's hot dogs on buns with ketchup.
I figure what? I can have a glass of water and piece of lettuce for the rest of the day?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #46
Everymom

Snip, I'm not sure what your exercise level is but an intake of less than 1000 calories is a bit concerning. According to the dieticians I speak to, women should be around 1800 - 2200 for my particular age bracket (31-50). If you consume far fewer than 1800, your body goes into "survival" mode and you end up creating issues for yourself. You are better off to try and stick close to 1800 and increase your activity by even the smallest amount.

I think its wonderful that you are keeping tabs on yourself, brava lady! I am just a fusspot and worry you might be taking in too few to be healthy.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Snip, I'm not sure what your exercise level is but an intake of less than 1000 calories is a bit concerning. According to the dieticians I speak to, women should be around 1800 - 2200 for my particular age bracket (31-50). If you consume far fewer than 1800, your body goes into "survival" mode and you end up creating issues for yourself. You are better off to try and stick close to 1800 and increase your activity by even the smallest amount.

I think its wonderful that you are keeping tabs on yourself, brava lady! I am just a fusspot and worry you might be taking in too few to be healthy.
Maybe adding some fruit juice would be a good way to get extra calories.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Lunch was ten chicken wings with BBQ sauce on them and some blue cheese dressing to dip them in. Drink is a Pepsi Max.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #49
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

I've noticed that and since starting the calorie counting I've increased my food intake. I'm getting closer to the amount I'm supposed to eat.
My biggest problem I think was that I used to drink loads of enery drinks and other forms of liquid calories. I get really busy with the kids and don't have much time to think about me. I walk on average 12-15 miles or 20-25 km per day. I clean constantly. My family don't do much or anything around the house.
This calorie counting thing is actually making me more aware of what I eat and drink and I'm slowly starting to correct my habbits again.
When I was working I always ate healthy and enough. I had more time then since I had a nanny and a cleaner.
Funny thing is, just in the past few days of eating more and drinking less energy drinks and flavoured milks etc. I've lost weight.
Most of my calories used to come from liquids since they are so easy to grab and go!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #50
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
hmmm, so far...

Two slices of toast with butter (dang, where was my scale when I was making that?)
34 oz of coffee with milk
Two Smith's hot dogs on buns with ketchup.
I figure what? I can have a glass of water and piece of lettuce for the rest of the day?
We can combine our calories to even things out
You can have the 1400 calories I have left for the day

Tags
food