"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #81
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have some whole grain toast for breakfast. I think you need more at breakfast!
I'm so not a breakfast person but I will try! Thanks PF

I've tried making up for breakfast with snacks but according to the Calorie counting website my fat and carb intake is too low.
Getting closer though. I've never liked junk so I tend to eat things that are low in calories.
I've bought some nuts etc. to add to my diet.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #82
Everymom

Snip, I'm so confused! You mention you are trying to lose weight a few times here, but then you also mention not getting enough calories. Is eating enough food the issue for you or is losing some weight the issue? Or maybe its the type of food you're trying to eat? I hope I didn't offend with my earlier posts!

I pop in on this thread from time to time just to see what is up. PF, you sound like you're doing a great job. Your food journal sounds remarkably like mine. I often have hummus and crackers (sesame) for a meal during the day. I'm rooting for you!

Mostly, I'm in the "adding exercise" to my daily routine if I think I need to burn off a few pounds. I'm not as concerned about my intake as I am about my output. I've been a sedentary little slug for a long time, so my goal is to up my activity to a minimum of 3 x week and better still...daily! So far this week I've already done 3 so I'm now in the position of trying not to "coast" for the next couple of days, but to fit in another workout or two!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #83
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Have some whole grain toast for breakfast. I think you need more at breakfast!
I was going to say the same thing. Breakfast is the key!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #84
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Snip, I'm so confused! You mention you are trying to lose weight a few times here, but then you also mention not getting enough calories. Is eating enough food the issue for you or is losing some weight the issue? Or maybe its the type of food you're trying to eat? I hope I didn't offend with my earlier posts!

I pop in on this thread from time to time just to see what is up. PF, you sound like you're doing a great job. Your food journal sounds remarkably like mine. I often have hummus and crackers (sesame) for a meal during the day. I'm rooting for you!

Mostly, I'm in the "adding exercise" to my daily routine if I think I need to burn off a few pounds. I'm not as concerned about my intake as I am about my output. I've been a sedentary little slug for a long time, so my goal is to up my activity to a minimum of 3 x week and better still...daily! So far this week I've already done 3 so I'm now in the position of trying not to "coast" for the next couple of days, but to fit in another workout or two!
I wanted to lose 3 kgs and I've done that already. I don't want to lose more weight. I was getting my calories from liquids, junk and energy drinks because I'm always so darn busy. Now that I've started eating healthier again, I'm finding it hard to get the calories my body needs without resorting to my old bad habbits. Fruit and veggies don't contain much in the line of fat, protein and carbs
So ignore the weight loss posts, I've done that already. I'm now on mission "eat enough good stuff to make up the right amount of calories"

Does it make sense now?

Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #85
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post

I'm so not a breakfast person but I will try! Thanks PF

I've tried making up for breakfast with snacks but according to the Calorie counting website my fat and carb intake is too low.
Getting closer though. I've never liked junk so I tend to eat things that are low in calories.
I've bought some nuts etc. to add to my diet.
Maybe boil a dozen eggs and have one or two as a mid-morning snack. I find I eat more regularly in the morning if it's easy to prepare and/or just eat
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #86
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Maybe boil a dozen eggs and have one or two as a mid-morning snack. I find I eat more regularly in the morning if it's easy to prepare and/or just eat
Good idea. I always make boiled eggs and keep them in the fridge for the kids to snack on anyway. I could just boil more.
Think I sould start drinking smoothies again too!
I forget sometimes that I need to feed myself and not only the kids
They take food off my plate every night and I never bother dishing up more either. At least my children are well fed

Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #87
Master Chef

could put pb/almond/cashew butter onto those low-kCal foods. dip pretzels. use whole milk. buy raw nuts & season them, use cheeses, ingest seeds. there's time to dine in the day. could dine in increments.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #88
Master Chef

I ate enough today, that's for sure! Some of it bad for the cholesterol level though. It's Friday, don't judge lol! It wasn't very naughty anyway

Breakfast: 2 slices of toasted mixed grain bread with marmite and 2 coffees with milk no sugar.

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, one tomato and a few beef strips.

Dinner: 1 Bratwurst on a Hotdog Bun, a cup of sauerkraut and pickled beets.

Snacks: Lychees, raw green beans and a few pine nuts.

Had some Green Tea with lemon and lots of water with ice.

Vitamins: Calcium, magnesium, multivite and omega 3,6,9.

Calories 1207

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #89
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Your breakfast sounds better. Good Job! You should try to get in whole grains at least three times a day, especially earlier in the day, your body needs the fuel.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #90
Master Chef

Quote:
Your breakfast sounds better. Good Job! You should try to get in whole grains at least three times a day, especially earlier in the day, your body needs the fuel.
Thank you I think I did much better today. I usually only buy whole grain and seeded breads and we eat mainly brown rice. We were just very broke the last few weeks so I had to buy white bread. It's half the price in SA. Most junk foods are cheaper too, makes you wonder how the very poor manage? It's so sad
Over 2 million people in SA live on less than R10 a day! That not even $2. They must pay rent, school fees, buy food, clothes and medicine with this. I don't know how they survive. Makes you feel very lucky to have just the basics.

Tags
food