DC Food Diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 5'0 and my bf's 9 yr old niece is taller than me lol. I have a couple pairs of her hand me down shoes (she has some feet problems so they have to buy her really nice supportive shoes. Most comfortable ones I own!). I would like to weigh around 105-110, but I stick around 115-120. This time I'm really going to get down to 105 and try to stay there. I've been right around 1200-1300 calories every day for the last 4 days. After the holidays I was up to 122, and now I'm down to 119. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't post in the weight loss threads, because sometimes when I talk about counting calories, people who need to lose large amounts of weight get offended because I don't need to lose any weight to be considered healthy. The reason I pay so much attention to it, is because I love food, and I gain weight if I just eat whatever I want. I am very impressed with the people who are able to lose 20, 30, 50lb and more, and I never want to have to be in that situation. So it's a constant part of my life, maintaining my weight, and counting calories. So anyway, I don't want to make anyone feel bad, just because I am in my healthy weight range. I'm more comfortable with myself when I'm at the lower end (I could go all the way down to 95 and still be considered healthy, although I would be too skinny for my own taste at that weight).
\

You're more than welcome to post in my thread :) I only wanted to lose 3 kgs and I've done that this week. Now I just need to maintain my weight.
My biggest reason for trying to eat better is for my health, not weight loss.
It is hard to lose a small amount of weight if you're not really overweight. People are not as supportive and try and feed you all the time. Makes it really hard if you love food!

Just weighed myself. I've lost 3 kilos this week! Not sure how it happened so fast. My BMI is 18.5 again. Perfect and my skinny jeans fit. Looks like the more healthy stuff I eat the more weight I lose. I've been increasing my food intake slowly and trying to make healthier choices as I go. I've only had one energy drink this week. Normally I would have had about 10 by now lol! Learning to behave myself again!

Well done Snip :)

I'm 5'0 and my bf's 9 yr old niece is taller than me lol. I have a couple pairs of her hand me down shoes (she has some feet problems so they have to buy her really nice supportive shoes. Most comfortable ones I own!). I would like to weigh around 105-110, but I stick around 115-120. This time I'm really going to get down to 105 and try to stay there. I've been right around 1200-1300 calories every day for the last 4 days. After the holidays I was up to 122, and now I'm down to 119. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't post in the weight loss threads, because sometimes when I talk about counting calories, people who need to lose large amounts of weight get offended because I don't need to lose any weight to be considered healthy. The reason I pay so much attention to it, is because I love food, and I gain weight if I just eat whatever I want. I am very impressed with the people who are able to lose 20, 30, 50lb and more, and I never want to have to be in that situation. So it's a constant part of my life, maintaining my weight, and counting calories. So anyway, I don't want to make anyone feel bad, just because I am in my healthy weight range. I'm more comfortable with myself when I'm at the lower end (I could go all the way down to 95 and still be considered healthy, although I would be too skinny for my own taste at that weight).

I can't think of anyone here who would be offended by your calorie counting and posts. We are all here to support each other in our goals to lose or gain (Snip) and eat healthier. I appreciate recipes where the calories are set out per serving. Saves me a bunch of math.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your efforts!

I can't think of anyone here who would be offended by your calorie counting and posts. We are all here to support each other in our goals to lose or gain (Snip) and eat healthier. I appreciate recipes where the calories are set out per serving. Saves me a bunch of math.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your efforts!

I agree, we are all here to support each other. Even those of us that are always in trouble for not eating enough :angel:

Food log for today. I'll update if I have anything else

Breakfast: Coffee with milk no sugar
One large apple

Lunch: 2 slices of granary bread toasted with cheddar cheese and tomato

Dinner: Lean Minute steak with low GI toast, grilled tomato and 2 poached eggs.

Vitamins: Multivitamin, Calcium and magnesium and cranberry extract tablet.

1218 calories so far.

Food log for today...

Breakfast: 2 coffees with milk no sugar

Lunch: 1 orange and some Litchis (lychees)

Snack: Steamed veggies

Dinner: Pork sausages, sauerkraut, potato flakes and bisto brown onion gravy (tastes the closest to KFC's lol!

Multiviamin, Omega 3,6,9, Calcium and magnesium and cranberry extract tablet.

Only 585 calories?! Must be all the fruit and veg. I'll snack after dinner :(

I really must try and eat breakfast but it's hard! I'm not a breakfast person. We went to a friends house after church too and got offered nothing but coffee. Just had fruit when I got home.
Very bad food day!

Just had some vine ripened tomato on a white bread sandwich with jalapeno's and celery seed and half a cup of brown onion soup.
Calories on 840.
Aargh! Guess I'll have to eat a brick of butter lol! Won't really do that!

Adding a second sausage to my meal and a cup of mixed beans with lemon, chilli and sea salt.
Calories on 1245. That's me done! Seems like protein adds more calories than anything else. I haven't been eating enough protein lately.
I love veg and fruit and wholegrains but my son usually nicks my meat off my plate lol!

I think I should start copying other people's meals to start eating like a grown woman without food thieves for kids ;p

Log for today:
Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with milk. Some Litchis (Lychees)

Lunch: Fresh tomato sandwich with a sliced jalapeno on wholegrain white and a soft boiled egg.

Dinner: Homemade Peri Peri Chicken Livers with a slice of bread and Patty Pan Squash Steamed with a bit of Olive Oil.

1002 calories so far.

Log for today

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar.
Nuts and olives.

Lunch: 2 cups of steamed zucchini and an apple.

Dinner: Beef curry with mushrooms, baby potatoes, tomato, onion, garlic and rice.

Vitamins: Multivitamin, omega 3,6,9, Calcium and magnesium and cranberry extract tab.

Lots of water with lemon.
Calories so far: 1015

Sous vide chipotle chicken, and sous vide seasoned broccoli for lunch today. Definitely the way to make broccoli if you like lots of broccoli flavor. Yum! Too bad everything can't be cooked at the same temperature! But it was wonderful. I have more broccoli to use, so I will be making it that way again soon. Too bad bf isn't a huge fan of it like I am. Some day I will tell him to keep his mouth shut and eat what I put in front of him. No, I probably won't. Will just continue to make two veggies if I want something he doesn't like lol

Thanks for your efforts!

I totally agree with you, Princess!

I am not counting calories, just eliminating foods that are not good for me according to allergies and intolerances. I haven't written anything here because of that but maybe I should. :)

I totally agree with you, Princess!

I am not counting calories, just eliminating foods that are not good for me according to allergies and intolerances. I haven't written anything here because of that but maybe I should. :)

I wasn't counting calories till I tried the link PF posted. Even if you're not counting calories, I find I'm more conscious of what I eat and I'm eating healthier because of it. Maybe you should try it, no harm in trying :)

This is what I had today:

Breakfast: 2 coffees with milk no sugar.
1 plum and a tomato juice with celery salt and tabasco.

Lunch: Olive sandwich on white whole grain.

Dinner: Crumbed Hake with Oven Baked Chips and a green salad

Snack: Weigh-Less Original Slim Slab ( I've loved these things since I was kid, used to nick them from my mom lol)

Calories: 980

What I had today...

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar.
Lychees and some pine nuts.

Lunch: Vined ripened tomato and sour cream sandwich with chillies and celery salt.
Green tea with lemon.

Dinner: Meatloaf with green beans, baby potatoes and onion.

Snack: Biltong

Also drank multivitamin, calcium, magnesium and omega 3,6,9 tablets.

Still only 950 calories. What one earth am I doing wrong? Can't seem to get to 1200!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom