DC Halo Award

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Okay, is there someone here at DC who has done something nice for you? Sent you something nice, gave you great advice, encouraged you when you were down, etc.? Give them a DC Halo Award (to go with the halo they are wearing)! It won't cost you anything but a few seconds of thinking and typing!

My first DC Halo Award goes to jennyema. She went out of her way to do something nice for James and me, and we appreciate it so much.

Thank you again jennyema!

:)Barbara

My DC Halo Award goes to jpmcgrew. She helped me through a rough time and gave me the support I needed. Thanks jp

OK I'll go...

plumies sent some fresh meyer lemons to me on the frozen tundra straight off her tree, just because I said I'd never had one!

Thanks again (they are gone btw!) YUM

Kadesma!
She's always so nice and always says the right thing.

She's a great mom and a great grandma!! The love she shows her family
makes me smile everyday!!
AND... her what's for dinner posts always make me drool with hunger.

My halo award, it's hard as there are so many of you who have held out a hand when I needed it. But, I'd have to say that all the Administrators and Moderators who came to my side when I almost died in September will forever be my angels..They along with my family gave me the desire to pick myself up and go on with my life..For that I will always be grateful..Thank you all for what you did.
All the rest of you, are dear friends that I treasure.You too have given me the desire to get up and dig in an fight..Thank you too.
cj

can't come up with just one, so many wonderful people on here. But one that does stand out to me is a lady, who's name shall remain nameless as she knows who she is. thank you for all of YP.................;)

My halo goes to kitchenelf. Her kind words got me back here after too long of a hiatus, and she's so thoughtful and caring.

Of course, I have to also give major halos to the mods. I feel so very blessed to know that each and every one of you has such a big heart and sweet spirit.

Barbara L, you deserve your halo for starting this thread! It's a wonderful idea. Like LEFSE, I am hard pressed to single out just one.

There have been so many people who have gone out of their way to help me here but since we have to start somewhere, I'd like to nominate Dave Hutchins. He's shared with me several of his family bread recipes that I cherish. He always has a kind and encouraging word for everyone, even when he was dealing with his wife's terrible illness. He has such a great sense of humor and has sent me some of the funniest PM's ever. He's a real mensch and I'm so glad to have him as my friend.

:angel:I can't pick and choose..all of you have been here for me this past few years..through my husbands illness and death, through my son's illness and death. I want to thank all of you and say you are all up for the Angel award in my book.

Mine would have to be Kadesma. Although you all have always been my favorite and constant support, when I was going through some medical things, for some reason, I was drawn to her and I pm'ed, not long after joining this forum, to ask her some questions and found out what her and her husband did for a living, oh boy, did I ask them questions and she never once said anything unkind or anything that wasn't of some help to me. All the questions and never once said, would you please leave me alone?!:LOL:
Thank you CJ, I would never forget you!!
img_548825_0_2a50d4c182637cb518a658995e67bfa8.gif

I thought the neat thing about this is that you can add someone whenever you feel like it. So don't worry about not being able to pick one (I couldn't just pick one either--I plan to add more!).

Thanks Fisher's mom!

:)Barbara

:):) One for each person on this site who are just the nicest people in the world and especially to all the folks supporting me on my lost dogs situation.:)

Last edited:
Oh man. Everyone who's been here for me during the worst year of my life.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Where do you start and finish with this one???

To SuziQuzie for worrying enough about me to start a thread about me!! And to Fisher's Mom, Gossie, Cath(with the numbers), In the Kitchen and all those other people who cared enough to ask and then there are all those people who have been nice to me since I have joined DC! I have received so many lovely PM's and karma comments from DC-ers that you could be halo-ing everybody just about!! LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom