DC's First Annual Halloween Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
A thread about pirates and a conversation between Barbara L and PrincessFiona had me make a joke about their costumes for the Halloween party. I got to thinking what it would be like to actually have a party.

Now of course logistics make this only doable in a virtual situation, but in some ways that always makes it more fun. So, everyone is invited to this party. Let us know what you will be wearing, and what you will be bringing to eat. If you have any suggests of activities they would be great to. Just remember we do have some younger folk around so keep that in mind to.

Okay, since I am hosting this thing, I will go first.

Of course, I am going to be dress as Jill, the beautiful, young cake baking heroine of the Cake Mania computer game series. To be honest, this wasn't much of a stretch because other than her being a cartoon, we look pretty much alike :rolleyes:

I will be supplying pumpkin cupcakes decorated with all sorts of fun Halloween themes!

I'll also run the apple bobbing station. Hokey, maybe, but no Halloween party should be without one! :)

So, who's next?

Attachments

• JillCostume.jpg
    JillCostume.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I will be dressing as Jack Skelton from Nightmare before christmas (but a rounder one)

I am bringing hot mulled wine and cheesy phylo appetizers in the shape of coffins.

I'm coming as a Tavern Wench. I will bring Pumkin-tinis, Apple Grog and Pumpkin Cheesecake:

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Crust:
1 c fine chopped pecans
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. butter, melted
Crust: Mix chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter; press firmly into 9-inch spring-form pan.
Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
Filling:
5 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 c. Pumpkin Puree
4 eggs
Whipped Cream
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and pie spice until well blended. Add pumpkin. Mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each one. Pour over crust.
Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is set. Loosen rim of pan, but let cool before removing. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Top with Whipped Cream just before serving.
28716-albums268-picture2354.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, everyone, this is really great. We have our judges (sorry, Paula, Simon and Randy were all busy so our Admins are filling in). I can tell you the prize is your own custom title under your name (like mine is Certified Cake Maniac) and will fill you in on the details asap. The contest will run until October 30th. If you have already posted before the contest details are posted, you will be able to revise your entry if you want.

Have fun, tell your DC friends, and let's party!

I will bring this (thanks to crewsk for posting this way back when). Crewsk called it Pumpkin Crunch Cake but my family calls it Pumpkin Crack:

Layer1- 1(16oz.)can pumpkin
1(12oz.)can evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4C. sugar
1/2tsp. cinnamon
Mix well & pour into 9x13 well greasd baking pan.

Layer2- Sprinkle 1 box(dry)butter recipe cake mix over layer#1.

Layer3- Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, pour evenly over cake mix.

Layer4- Top with 1 1/2C. chopped pecans.
Bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour. Cool completely.

Layer5- 2C. powdered sugar
8oz. cream cheese, softened
8oz. cool whip, thawed
Mix well & spread on cooled cake. Keep refrigerated. Eat & enjoy.

now, to think up a costume...........

Here's Jack.
He is one of my fav's. I had a kid come to my house dreesed just like this.

Jack%20Skelton.jpg

I decorate my house BIG TIME for Halloween.I gave out 18lbs of candy last year and I am going even bigger this year.I have skeletons,skulls,spiders and bugs everywhere.I also have about 25 spots and fog to go with.I also have an animated talking head in a globe.

I'll be coming as I am (picture attached). :D

I will also bring the Swedish Tea Ring, Canteens, Dutch pastries, and hot dogs. Oh, I heard there might be swimming--should I bring my swimsuit? (Picture didn't show up, but the link is at the bottom).

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Frumpy Woman.jpg
    Frumpy Woman.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Swedish Tea Ring 001.jpg
    Swedish Tea Ring 001.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121
  • P8090127.jpg
    P8090127.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 122
  • P8140323.jpg
    P8140323.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 129
  • dogcostume.jpg
    dogcostume.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 120
  • Old Lady in a Bikini.bmp
    69 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
LOL!!! The foods look great! The bikini, I'm not sure about...you might consider a one-piece in this weather!:LOL:

No tent but, they'll need the dark glasses for the glaring whiteness of my legs. :cool:
LOL I was watching George Lopez yesterday, and Carmen had just joined the poetry club. She said to her mom and dad, "I'm closing the blinds now because my friends are starting to get color." :LOL: I'm right there with you and the white legs!

:)Barbara

I will be coming as Zombie Poppin' Fresh (the Pills-bury Doughboy)* and I'll be bringing fingers in crescent rolls, cina-brain buns

* Why Zombie??? The Pillsbury Pop N. Fresh Eulogy

Attachments

• Pills-city_doughboy.jpg
    Pills-city_doughboy.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hey, now you're talkin'! This is starting to be a party! I was worried that no one was interested, but hey, it's Halloween!!!

So, how this is going to work is, if you want to enter the contest to win a one-of-a-kind title under your name, you need to come up with a creative costume - we are just going for creative here (and we have some fine examples so far. Pictures are good and no, it doesn't have to be you in the costume (in fact, that way you can be more creative!).

A second prize will go for the most creative treat brought because after all, this is Discuss Cooking, not Discuss Costumes! Again, it doesn't have to be something you would normally bring, just creative. Pictures are good, recipes are GREAT!

Just need detailed (in a fun way) descriptions and/or pictures.

Rules:
1. No moderator/administrator can win, but they can enter
2. Only one prize will be offered to a person so you won't win in both categories.
3. Judges are our Administrators, Frank Z, Janet H, and Alix
4. Please keep it fun and clean - we do have younger members.
5. Contest closes midnight October 30th and the winners will be announced as soon as the judges can get together on it.

Oh, and you don't like to dress up? Fine, just bring some food and hang out - comment about the other people's entries and have fun!

Hi guys, I'll be Witch Hazel and bring some peanut butter fudge and mushrooms turnovers and we will make some kind of punch,
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom