DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
these biscuits of kade's-- sooo good. they're my dinner tonight. i was secretly hoping, there for a while--that we'd get to try some of that date-nut bread she was baking the other day. with coffee? omg! it's been ages since i've had any homemade date-nut bread....

these biscuits of kade's-- sooo good. they're my dinner tonight. i was secretly hoping, there for a while--that we'd get to try some of that date-nut bread she was baking the other day. with coffee? omg! it's been ages since i've had any homemade date-nut bread....
Here ya go date nut bread. I made another two to bring here along with a toaster oven we use to use at the pharmacy and an old micowave that we have no room for. I'll set them on the counter and one of the men can hook em up. There is some cream cheese mixed with blackberry jam or just butter. for the date nut bread. enjoy friends
ma

oh look, date nut bread! that kades, she is too good to us, bringing in all these goodies from her bakings...sure hope she didn't get wind of me running my mouth about her date nut bread. you think she heard about me, begging, the other day? color me red....oh so moist, this bread, yum. it doesn't need any topping, either. i can hear from the noise that bubba's on the job already--you know, that .40--he tells it like it is--he don't play, our .40....:)

Last edited:
did anyone plug in the toaster oven and the M/W? Those old relics still work but are heavy and I'm bushed from doing wash and moving around gunk that needs putting away. Who wants to sit and have a cuppa with me?Oh boy I made some
welsh
cakes how would you like them? With butter and jam or cinnamon-sugar on top, hurry these babies are HOT as hecktor guys. :LOL:
ma

Last edited:
did anyone plug in the toaster oven and the M/W? Those old relics still work but are heavy and I'm bushed from doing wash and moving around gunk that needs putting away. Who wants to sit and have a cuppa with me?Oh boy I made some
welsh
cakes how would you like them? With butter and jam or cinnamon-sugar on top, hurry these babies are HOT as hecktor guys. :LOL:
ma

I will gladly. I just poured myself a cuppa coffee. The MW is working fine. I heated up my coffee in it. I will take one of those Welsh cakes with just butter.

I took care of the two waste baskets in the kitchen. How can one person make so much trash? :angel:

good afternoon, ladies. oh kades, your date nut bread has been such a hit with everybody today! thank you, sweetie, it's the best i've tasted yet. addie, it's good to see you back on your feed. what is it, a welsh cake? they look good, so nicely browned, like a pancake....

I will gladly. I just poured myself a cuppa coffee. The MW is working fine. I heated up my coffee in it. I will take one of those Welsh cakes with just butter.

I took care of the two waste baskets in the kitchen. How can one person make so much trash? :angel:

good afternoon, ladies. oh kades, your date nut bread has been such a hit with everybody today! thank you, sweetie, it's the best i've tasted yet. addie, it's good to see you back on your feed. what is it, a welsh cake? they look good, so nicely browned, like a pancake....
Thanks for picking up the wastebasket mess:angel: Addie you're a dear. I'm so ready for a cup of coffee and I'll try another Welsh Cake oh boy does it feel good to put my feet up. Vit sso glad you liked the bread. We had the last of mine last night. DH wolfed his down and wanted mine but it was to late:LOL: all gone...If anyone is interested I have a recipe for the welsh cakes found it on the KA site.
ok got to start dinner hugs guys
ma

Thanks for hiding that slice of date-nut bread for me, Ma! Just got home and it's perfect for my evening snack.

yikes! my recently expired b60 keurig coffeemaker came back to life just now, and brewed me a fine mug of coffee, acting for the world like nothing at all out of the way has happened! wth? so now i have these two keurig machines in my bedroom, sitting on opposite sides of the room, putting me in mind of my old stereo speaker system--"...love your peaches, shake your tree....."

yelp! and i had my eye on that last piece, my favorite--the crust end!! sheesh, favorites around this place....

Last edited:
yikes! my recently expired b60 keurig coffeemaker came back to life just now, and brewed me a fine mug of coffee, acting for the world like nothing at all out of the way has happened! wth? so now i have these two keurig machines in my bedroom, sitting on opposite sides of the room, putting me in mind of my old stereo speaker system--"...love your peaches, shake your tree....."

yelp! and i had my eye on that last piece, my favorite--the crust end!! sheesh, favorites around this place....

I warmed it and put butter on it...

Dueling Keurig's:LOL:

vitauta, perhaps you should donate one of those Keurig's to our DC kitchen. ;)

I'm sitting down with a maple coffee and a bit of an attitude. I got the word yesterday that I'm switching to a new team starting Sunday. That's not a big issue, but not having the same days off is going to mess me up down the road. BAH. I'm so happy with the team I'm on right now so I'm a bit sad about that too. I know I need to support this other team but I am definitely pouting.

Anyone want to come kick my butt and tell me to shape up and get off the pity train?

the keurig machine is playing dead again. i stored it away in the cabinet under the sink. if anybody can fix it, we'll have a backup coffeemaker for in here. what's bubba working on today? pounding that hammer like he means it, isn't he? can hardly hear yourself think...he married? no, no reason, just wondering....poor alix. they've got her switching teams at work, and don't give her hardly any notice, either. oh, she'll be just fine, you know alix...this time next week she'll be all gung ho--have that new team whipped into shape and the whole program restructured from stem to stern.:) i was hoping to catch her while she was still here today. i left a book for her, in that green tote up there---on top of the fridge, and a note....save me some of whatever kades might bring by for us good to eat, straight out of her oven, would you? some people round here calling it "ma's bakery"....:)

Last edited:
Hey vitauta, I'm back. I got a chance to process a bit and I'm feeling better about the whole thing. Its still going to take me a while to get into the groove, but hopefully not too long!

I brought doughnuts! Croissant doughnuts with chocolate drizzle. I've been playing with the deep fryer.

Holy cow! Is that Bubba out there or did Thor stop by for a visit. Um...I think I'm just going to sit here in the bay window for a bit to...supervise the digging of the hot tub hole.

Hey you guys, I made a rice torta and stuffed zucchini and onions nice an savory. Help yourselves. Hav to run need to see about my drivers business they forgot I don't need glasses anymore what a jack daw that women is.
ma

I was playing with oatmeal scones, again! I diced up two granny smith apples and stirred those in...yum. Made a little vanilla custard to go with them and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

I roasted up a pound of coffee for y'all to share. This one comes from the Nyeri region of Kenya. It's called Karagoto Peaberry after the factory where it was processed which is part of the FCS (Farmers Cooperative Society). This area and the FCS is famous for producing the very best Kenyan coffees.

The dry ground coffee sets the tone for the cup. When brewed there are intense dark fruit notes, lush Asian pear, plum, and raisin, as well as macademia nut roast scents. The cup is syrupy, with many layers of fruit; Italian plums, red currant jam, honey, drinking cocoa, and a unique touch of toasted coconut. It is a lively and acidic cup with a bright zest of candied lime, which turns more toward a tangerine brightness with a slightly darker roast.

Bubba called this morning. He wanted me to remind you to start parking your cars round the front of the building. The forms have been delivered to the site and he wants to set the forms, plumb the drains, and then pour foundation late next week.

Just popped by to see what was happening. I really like what you've done with the place!

.40, your description sounds like this coffee is something to be eaten with a spoon over ice cream! :yum:

Bubba called this morning. He wanted me to remind you to start parking your cars round the front of the building. The forms have been delivered to the site and he wants to set the forms, plumb the drains, and then pour foundation late next week.

Whatever Thor..err, Bubba says.:angel:

Just popped by to see what was happening. I really like what you've done with the place!

.40, your description sounds like this coffee is something to be eaten with a spoon over ice cream! :yum:

That's really what I roasted to use at home this week. Gotta Gotta Gotta try the home roasting thing for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom