"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1011
Executive Chef

nicholas david as he performed last season on the Voice.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #1012
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
good thing i had a bottle of wine to help me through tonight's elimination show of the Voice. why do i willingly subject myself to such torment? i am perfectly capable of twisting my stomach into knots and spiking my bp any number of ways all by myself without needing to turn on the Voice....
Because you are a masochist at heart. I recognize the signs. Today I wanted to test if my knife was sharp. By the looks of the bandage on my finger, I would say it is sharp enough.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #1013
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Danielle, Zach & Colton Swon and Michelle Chamuel! I called it! I called it!!! Happy leaping all over the place.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #1014
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...Today I wanted to test if my knife was sharp. By the looks of the bandage on my finger, I would say it is sharp enough.
Sharp knives make nice clean cuts. If it's a nice clean cut, no jagged edges, it will heal really quick. Yup, personal experience (well, except for the testing the knife part More like an in-a-hurry part).
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #1015
Executive Chef

v
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #1016
Executive Chef

^^^^^^

voted off, losers on the Voice. i demand a recount, wouldn't you....?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1017
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Danielle, Zach & Colton Swon and Michelle Chamuel! I called it! I called it!!! Happy leaping all over the place.

congrats, pf! don't stub a toe....:)

go michelle, the chamuel, it's up to you now!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #1018
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
^^^^^^

voted off, losers on the Voice. i demand a recount, wouldn't you....?
I'm betting the winning numbers of the top ten are close. They only have to lose by one point.

I'm glad it's over next week, this has been such a roller coaster ride and the talent is getting better each season. I haven't wanted anyone to leave since the beginning of the top 8. They are all first class as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #1019
Everymom

Morning! Its a rainy one here. As is usual when a storm front is moving in I have a headache. Sucks to be a human barometer. I just got some Excedrin migraine from a friend who visited Vegas recently, but did I remember that in time to try it out on this headache? *sigh* I'm such a moron.

So instead, I'm treating it with coffee, water and the usual tylenol/ibuprofen piggyback. I'm down to about a 4/10 and think I can get myself to work. Anyone else roaming around this morning? I have fresh brooooownieeeees!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #1020
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Sharp knives make nice clean cuts. If it's a nice clean cut, no jagged edges, it will heal really quick. Yup, personal experience (well, except for the testing the knife part More like an in-a-hurry part).
I sliced my thumb, sideways, down to the bones years ago. It was the night before thanksgiving with a brand new butcher knife. It took until January to properly heal. I really needed stitches but I was drinking so I couldn't drive myself to the hospital. The next day when my doctor friend came up for the thanksgiving feast I figured I could get her to stitch me up but she was too grossed out when I handed her the sewing thread and needle :) she's a neurologist who watches the computer from her office while people are having surgeries so all she sees is the lines that are monitoring their vitals and whatnot. It funny how easy I can gross her out!

Tags
coffee