"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #1041
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

I'm okay, Dawg...I put some dangley earrings on so I would notice sooner when I was starting to pull my shoulder up. It's worked pretty good.

Shrek doesn't know it yet, but he is going to be rubbing the nice Icy hot into both my shoulders
Good. Just be careful with the Icy Hot, no lower than the shoulders....

Old 06-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #1042
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good. Just be careful with the Icy Hot, no lower than the shoulders....

Knew a guy...not Shrek...who decided that if the Icy Hot was so good and a hot bath was so good, he thought he would combine them. He was sitting in the hot water for about one minute before he found out about his faulty logic and Icy Hot is not water soluble. He couldn't get it washed off, he had to wait until the burn went away by it's self.

Apparently Shrek had an episode with BenGay on his legs when he was in high school, he put it on his legs in a thick layer and then pulled up his shorts...I'm trying not to laugh again...

Old 06-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #1043
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Knew a guy...not Shrek...who decided that if the Icy Hot was so good and a hot bath was so good, he thought he would combine them. He was sitting in the hot water for about one minute before he found out about his faulty logic and Icy Hot is not water soluble. He couldn't get it washed off, he had to wait until the burn went away by it's self.

Apparently Shrek had an episode with BenGay on his legs when he was in high school, he put it on his legs in a thick layer and then pulled up his shorts...I'm trying not to laugh again...
ouch!!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #1044
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
ouch!!
I think that was the same year that Jerry Lee Lewis song "Great Balls of Fire" came out...
Old 06-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #1045
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

I think that was the same year that Jerry Lee Lewis song "Great Balls of Fire" came out...
So that's where the title came from!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #1046
Executive Chef

ooh zz, say it, sing it, like you Mean it, girl!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #1047
Senior Cook

How are you feeling PF?

I'm laughing so hard about the bengay episode!

Work has totally kicked my butt these past two nights. I signed up for 6 hours of OT tomorrow night but I think I'm going to give it away. I am mentally drained I think 60 hours in the last 7 days is enough for this old girl.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #1048
Everymom

PF, Ken once rubbed some Tiger Balm on my back and then washed his hands thoroughly to get it off, and went to the bathroom. OUCHIE! There was much hopping and yelping in the bathroom. That stuff hurts. Didn't help that his wife was helpless with laughter.

I've just served Ken crepes for breakfast in bed and I'm finishing my coconut coffee in bed. Its my first day off and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it. I felt like undiluted crap for two days in the middle of my rotation and I'm so glad to be on the other side of that. I have some leftover crepes and I have a recipe for a crepe cake that involves hazelnut praline, and coffee cream. This sounds like a great dessert for tonight.

PF, sending healing vibes your way.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #1049
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks folks, been doing my exercises and using ice, getting more range of motion in my shoulder. Still have a couple of catches, but if I approach it slowly I can avoid the BIG ouch. It's also coming down that a medication has contributed to this injury, so a combination of medication side effect, arthritis and repetitive motion.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #1050
Senior Cook

Go to hear that you're getting more range back in you arm.

I came home this morning with the hubby and pups still up at the camper and I did some 'me' time but now that everyone is home I'm much happier. I swear my Tucker grew since I saw him on Friday! It sure was nice getting attacked with all those kisses from the 3 pups!

Tucker goes in for his last set of shots tomorrow so I can see how much weight he gained. He's 4 months now and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with him.

Tags
coffee