"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #1061
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It was difficult.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #1062
Executive Chef

congratulations to danielle for winning voice, and to pf for picking her from 'hello'. this little girl's gonna be bigger'n Kelly Clarkson and carrie underwood combined. maybe even bigger than tayler swift, if fans ever grow bored with teen date- revenge songs. Danielle and hunter hayes duoed seamlessly with an exciting new c&w sound on stage tonight. with hunter's remarkable songwriting skills, and Danielle's awesome vocals and beauty, this pair could light a hot fresh fire under Nashville that could turn country music on its okie ear....

that said, there were four winners on the voice stage tonight. this sort of thing is often said to placate the losers in a singing competition.--not in this case. we will be hearing more from michelle and from the swons in the future--congrats to them as well....

Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #1063
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh yes, I plan on following Michelle! did you know, 40,000 people auditioned for the 4th season of The Voice...so they were the top 3 of 40,000...they ARE all winners.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #1064
Everymom

Morning! Got my coffee and my laptop and I'm listening to the magpies and the crows yelling at each other. The crows have had their baby out the last few days learning to fly and its still a bit awkward. The magpies are ticked that the crows are hanging around my yard (good pickin's) and they can't come eat. Lots of yelling. Fun to watch though.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #1065
Executive Chef

lidia bastianich, (joe's mommy), is on masterchef tonight, doing a pasta demonstration for the cooking contestants. she is sporting a hot new strawberry blonde 'do' tonight. hot mama, looking good!:)
Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #1066
Master Chef

Lidia is going to be on PBS tomorrow night, at least on Boston PBS WGBH. If you're interested look for "Lydia Celebrates America".
Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #1067
Executive Chef

goddess, are you talking about a show that is on tonight, Friday, june 21st? hope I haven't missed it.
didja see how momma bastianich called out her son, joey, on masterchef the other night? dismissed him like some pesky little urchin when he tried to help her with the pasta sauce. hah! he turned right around and lamBASTED the contestant who was trying to put his 'own spin' on lidia's pasta dish, and who got eliminated for it. so, now we know how little joey bastianich came to deal with his inadequacies in life--by bullying the next little guy in line....
Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #1068
Master Chef

Oh no! I forgot about that - it was Thursday. If you go to PBS.org, then click "Video" in the top menu, then search "Lydia Celebrates Independence" you get all the episodes in her series. The title of Thursday's show was "Freedom and Independence" but it hadn't been uploaded to their site yet. Noticed that there must be a bazillion of them though! And about "Master Chef"? I don't watch those competition/reality shows. Getting second thoughts about watching "Whodunnit". Each time I see a promo it looks just a bit more hokey.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #1069
Executive Chef

just looking for somebody to share a cuppa and a chat with. anybody around? I brought some of my chocolate Florentine lace cookies with me today. just try one! I made them myself... they are so crispy-crunchy crazy good, if I do say so...and oh so dunkable too! and guess what? they are equally marvelous dipped in a cuppa tea, for you 'mellow' types....
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #1070
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oooh, lace cookies! Yes, Vit, I'll have one, thank you! Mmm, delicious!

No more coffee for me, had 2 cups of Nantucket this morn from the Keurig, and I'm still jittering.

Tags
coffee