"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1071
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi guys, spent the day being worked on at the D center couldn't stop the bleeding from yesterday all night a blew blood all over the room and me bed cloths, you name it they have me with a patch on so far so good have to be careful tho don't want to set the darn thing off again. sooo may I have a cookie and a cuppa and then I'll go have some dinner maybe a pepprs and cheese and meat sammie old age girls for got the name
kades

Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #1072
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Hi guys, spent the day being worked on at the D center couldn't stop the bleeding from yesterday all night a blew blood all over the room and me bed cloths, you name it they have me with a patch on so far so good have to be careful tho don't want to set the darn thing off again. sooo may I have a cookie and a cuppa and then I'll go have some dinner maybe a pepprs and cheese and meat sammie old age girls for got the name
kades
whoa, kades! what happened that got you bleeding so bad kades? poor dear, that must have been a terrible fright for you. what kind of a patch are you wearing? I hope they don't send you home too soon, kades. you can have all the cookies you want, sweetie. just say the word and i'll bake more. the sammie you described is called a meat, cheese 'n pepper
sandwich where I come from... hugs, kades, and please keep us posted.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #1073
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
just looking for somebody to share a cuppa and a chat with. anybody around? I brought some of my chocolate Florentine lace cookies with me today. just try one! I made them myself... they are so crispy-crunchy crazy good, if I do say so...and oh so dunkable too! and guess what? they are equally marvelous dipped in a cuppa tea, for you 'mellow' types....
I am only too happy to join you. Tea for me please. English or Breakfast tea will do very nicely. I will have just one of the lovely cookies too.

Spike just left. Poor Teddy had to go for his yearly checkup today with the vet. He got all his shots and was very sedate. Didn't want to play with me. Didn't even want his scratchies on his belly and ears.

Well I finally learned what was causing all the problems with my back. It wasn't pleurisy. It is my computer chair. It's three years old and really too big for me. But it was a gift, so I kept my mouth shut when I got it. With everyone plopping down on it, the seat is shot and hollow. So the way I was sitting, I was scrunching my back and huddled over the keyboard. Not the proper way to sit. So I put a small pillow in the hollow and then a blanket over that and now I am sitting properly. Problem solved. But I will be on the lookout for a sale on a new chair.

I did a load of whites today. It was a small load. I hate to let it build up to two large ones. I was looking at the bathtub today and never noticed that the outside needs some attention. That is on the list for tomorrow.

Thank you for the tea and cookie. Have to go. Have a couple of pans that need some soap and water. Along with a counter that needs to be wiped off.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1074
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
kades
Oh Kades, that is not good. Please take care of yourself. Doesn't it seem just when you are feeling great, something else pops up to ruin your day? And one for you.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #1075
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
kades
Ma, have they put a pressure dressing on? Your fistula is not blown , I hope you did not loose too much blood, lousy they have to take it out for an oil check without it spraying all over. Take care of yourself. Hugs!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #1076
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Good. Just be careful with the Icy Hot, no lower than the shoulders....
We have something here called A535 that I think is similar. ExDH gave me back rub with it and then we got amorous until I jumped out of bed screaming.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #1077
Executive Chef

Time to relax with some iced tea and think about making some breakfast. I had a lovely weekend with Hubby! We went to the Street Rod Nationals in Pueblo on Saturday. We saw several trucks like ours, and had several people looking at ours. We were lucky this year and got a great spot right near the event center (an air conditioned building with venders). Pueblo is always about 10 degrees hotter than it is here, so it is nice to be close to the air conditioning when needed. On Sunday, DS joined us in taking the dogs for a hike in Palmer Park. It was a beautiful day and we hiked for about two hours. Later, we took a motorcycle ride and ended our day with a picnic on the deck. DS grilled hot dogs and brats and we enjoyed a calm evening at home. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. How was yours?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #1078
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ever seen the movie "Lost Weekend"? I spent lots of time sleeping (not drinking) and didn't get much accomplished. It's almost noon and I still can't decide if I can go do laundry. Maybe just a long walk.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #1079
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Ever seen the movie "Lost Weekend"? I spent lots of time sleeping (not drinking) and didn't get much accomplished. It's almost noon and I still can't decide if I can go do laundry. Maybe just a long walk.
What are you talking about, you did Relay, and went to Costco! That's an eventful weekend!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #1080
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What are you talking about, you did Relay, and went to Costco! That's an eventful weekend!
LOL@ Relay was over by 10 am on Saturday...and less than an hour out to Costco and back?

I woke up this morning because I was dreaming Shrek was waving a clock at me telling me it was 9:47...I looked at the clock when I woke and he was right!

Tags
coffee