"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1131
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a friend whose husband had an affair with a girlfriend of hers. She immediately wanted to file for a divorce. I asked her what do you do with the divorce once you have it? Do you frame the paper up on the wall for everyone to see you had a major failing in your life? What do you tell folks about your immediate action when you found a flaw in your marriage? Do you tell them you are a quitter? Think about it and after six months if you still want one and am not interested in working at your marriage, then go for it.

In those six months she realized just how much she was still in love with him and after being separated for only four months, they decided to try again. They have been married 40+ years now to their best friend. There are worse things that can happen in a marriage than infidelity. Losing one's spouse or a child. Losing your home to a disaster along with all the physical memories. Physical abuse by your spouse. Having a loved one just disappear and never knowing what happened to them. If you don't believe me listen to the evening news or pick up your local newspaper. Hear about all the tragedies that other folks go through. Would you rather have one of their problems? Would you rather always wonder why didn't your child get on the school bus that morning?

It takes a lot of hard work to make a marriage work. So dig in and get ready for that wonderful bumpy road call "together for ever". You will have a lot of laughs and sharing along the way.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #1132
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I was in a rush at the grocery store. I was just going to buy some coffee. TP was on special, so I grabbed some and hurried to the coffee aisle. I grabbed three packages of coffee. The one on the right is what I thought I was getting, but when I got home, I noticed that I had gotten the one on the left.

The Camardo is just a little bit darker than my wonderful Lavazza. Just enough that the aroma of the grounds has that earthy scent that I don't like. It's okay coffee, but the other two packages are going to be emergency coffee. I need more cream in it too.

That'll teach me to pay better attention, I hope.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #1133
Chef Extraordinaire

I buy the regular roast of Folgers Coffee, large canister. You do have to pay attention. There are very little subtle differences in their appearances of the different blends. Aside from the weight of each one. It is very easy to grab the wrong one. And not with just coffee. Deceptive packaging.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #1134
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I was in a rush at the grocery store. I was just going to buy some coffee. TP was on special, so I grabbed some and hurried to the coffee aisle. I grabbed three packages of coffee. The one on the right is what I thought I was getting, but when I got home, I noticed that I had gotten the one on the left.

The Camardo is just a little bit darker than my wonderful Lavazza. Just enough that the aroma of the grounds has that earthy scent that I don't like. It's okay coffee, but the other two packages are going to be emergency coffee. I need more cream in it too.

That'll teach me to pay better attention, I hope.
Why not just take the two unopened packages back for the right ones?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #1135
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Why not just take the two unopened packages back for the right ones?
Well, I might do that. But, having them as my emergency coffee will encourage me to get the right kind before I use up the emergency supply.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #1136
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Well, I might do that. But, having them as my emergency coffee will encourage me to get the right kind before I use up the emergency supply.
Didn't think of it as aversion therapy...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #1137
Executive Chef

Watch So You Think You Can Dance: Makenzie & Paul: Top 12 Perform online | Free | Hulu

oh wow wow wow--whatta show last night! just had to share with you this one, of three other equally awesome performances-- makenzie and paul--the passion, the extensions, good god help us all!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #1138
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Didn't think of it as aversion therapy...
I changed my mind. I will probably bring it back. It isn't awful, but ...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #1139
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I changed my mind. I will probably bring it back. It isn't awful, but ...
Life is too short to drink coffee you don't care for.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #1140
Master Chef

Here ya go taxy, a wallpaper border for your kitchen:

Tags
coffee