"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
pf's scones--all gone before i could snag one, dang! oh well, that's a bunch of calories i don't have to deal with later. i just hate it when being "good" is the only choice i have, though. i need to find some tasty, low calorie munchies for these coffee breaks. maybe some rye melba type thins. and---stella dora!! are those sweet, light-as-air "cakes" still around? stella dora--wow, that name takes me back, what, thirty years? anyone seen stella in the stores recently--in one of the dietetic aisles? is there such a thing as a low calorie scone, i wonder....
Vit shhhh, I just droped off some blueberry scones with jam to match. Help yourself they are so goo if I do say so myself. It's my first try making some. Coffee here is a gig hot pot. enjoy
kades or ma if you will

Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #122
Executive Chef

oooh, kades, b-b-blueberry scones? with b-b-b-blueberry jam, kades, that you made yourself? and this time i have first dibs--how cool is that?!! well, thank you, kades, you will always have a special seat here in our little coffee klatch. no, no, you just sit right where you are, kades, i'll bring us both coffee. yours is that rich italian roast decaf, no? which of the creamers will it be for you today, sweetie....:)

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #123
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
oooh, kades, b-b-blueberry scones? with b-b-b-blueberry jam, kades, that you made yourself? and this time i have first dibs--how cool is that?!! well, thank you, kades, you will always have a special seat here in our little coffee klatch. no, no, you just sit right where you are, kades, i'll bring us both coffee. yours is that rich italian roast decaf, no? which of the creamers will it be for you today, sweetie....:)
Well I baked them they were a gift from my daughter in law she knows I haunt King Artur flour site for ideas and bread recipes. For some reason she thinks I bake cookie and everything from box mixes so she got me this for Christmas. They aren't bad tho.
Yes the Italian roast decaf and no creamer todsy. but sit for a spell and let's chat
ma
Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #124
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
tinlizzie, I was the one who mentioned the lift bowl and the tilt head on the KA. What do you want to know?

I just finished dinner, but I'm thinking about a cuppa for dessert. Creme Brulee I think.
Hi, Alix. I just wondered what the consensus is on which cooks seem to prefer. Sometimes changes or variations on a time-honored system spread to other manufacturers like wildfire; sometimes they just don't go over. I've never seen the lift bowl and know absolutely nothing about it. Care to expound a bit? TIA.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #125
Head Chef

Why is no one eating the fruitcake?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #126
Executive Chef

oh yes, kades, by all means--let's do...this certainly is a pleasant way for friends to spend a while together, relaxing with a nice cuppa...don't you want one of these lovely scones, kades--they are Soo good, have one with me--this berry jam tastes just like the huckleberries i used to pick by the pail in the woods--so yummy. you'd never know these scones aren't from scratch. kades, you know, you have your very own special, magical touch when it comes to food and cooking. you know you do, kades. everybody agrees, everyone says so. you know how they say some people have a green thumb because they're good at growing plants? well, what you've got, are these super sweet and savory thumbs--in fact, in your case it has probably spread to all of your fingers and toes, kades....oh, look at the time--thanks for the scones treat, sweetie..such. a nice break from a busy day.....
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #127
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Glancing over this jar of Apricot Habaņero Jam Shrek bought. I bet this would be good in some scones...

Ah! Mini Buckwheat Scones with craisins, those will be really good. First I soak the craisins in a little orange juice...

I love scones, they go together quickly and wait for you to bake them in the morning.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #128
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Please HELP

I dropped of some freshly ground coffee beans for you to enjoy while I am at work. I also wanted to call your attention to the petition on the front counter and ask you to sign it to do your part in preventing unsafe pastries and related medical problems.

Hundreds of thousands of people each year suffer injuries related to eating S.Cones. Complaints range from digestive disorders to injuries of the hand and arm whilst attempting to cut them. In order to prevent future injuries, the petition asks that scones adopt a new name to avoid confusion. In future we hope that scones can be officially renamed to muffiscuits, i.e. part muffin and part biscuit.

Please remember to sign to show your support.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scone.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	16783  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #129
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Your muffiscuit, Sir! Dab of black cherry jam?

Oooooh! This coffee is nice! Thanks .40.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #130
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Why is no one eating the fruitcake?
Not enough real citron and Mount Gay rum in it.

Tags
coffee