"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #131
Executive Chef

nice to see you again, .40. the coffee you left is divine! you ought to put it into k cups, make some money.:) i signed your petition, .40, but i really think those s.cone people should be made to change THEIR name, instead. i don't see why i should be made to learn some new fru-fru name for my scones, after all these years. i was one of their victims, btw. good thing i didn't get sick from a s.cone--i very nearly did, though. for a scone, the texture was incredibly brittle and sharp! i ruined one of my good serrated knives, trying to cut into the darn thing....

Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #132
Head Chef

A word about the other scones -- I recently heard a well-mannered British person explain politely to one of us uncivilized types over here that the word "scone" is pronounced more like "scun" (like the word "one") and not like "scohne" as I've been saying my whole life. I think it's too late for me, but maybe this note can save an innocent youth from offending a British ear. If, indeed, this is true and not some sort of Ricky Gervais joke.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #133
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
I dropped of some freshly ground coffee beans for you to enjoy while I am at work. I also wanted to call your attention to the petition on the front counter and ask you to sign it to do your part in preventing unsafe pastries and related medical problems.

Hundreds of thousands of people each year suffer injuries related to eating S.Cones. Complaints range from digestive disorders to injuries of the hand and arm whilst attempting to cut them. In order to prevent future injuries, the petition asks that scones adopt a new name to avoid confusion. In future we hope that scones can be officially renamed to muffiscuits, i.e. part muffin and part biscuit.

Please remember to sign to show your support.

Ohmygosh! Heeeeeeeeeeeee-larious!

I've brought you some lovely Asian Pears for you all to munch on. They are so juicy!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #134
Executive Chef

my keurig suddenly stopped working evening before last. don't know for sure, but i think i might be having a reaction to the deprivation of my usual 5-6 infusions of caffeine every day. all i am really though, is woefully out of sorts--at loose ends, irritated and terribly scattered. my plan was to come by here, and load up on some high octane coffee, so's i can get some sleep tonight.--strange, but true.

my keurig is barely two years old! besides which, i thought my model was one of the 'good' ones. i am so po'd at everything keurig at the moment. yet, at the same time, i have all but sealed a deal to buy another, b40 model to replace my b60 one. none of this makes sense, i know, except for one undeniable fact--life without an uninterrupted source of good coffee is not an option for me. not any more. not if my last 1 1/2 days is any indicator....
i was going to post this in the petty vents thread, but then i figured if anybody can relate to this, my latest dilemma, it's you, my fellow coffee drinkers. i hope to be back to 'normal' soon. thanks for listening, coffee- mates....:)
Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #135
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
My Coffee Maker has dust on it. I've been drinking instant for months and I hardly ever eat cookies. I'll have herbal tea and pumpkin seeds with you Laurie
This is a great thread by the way V I just don't have the patients to wait for coffee. We have really good instant and it only takes 2 mins
It has been eons since I had a cup of instant coffee. Now if someone offers me a cup of instant, I take water or a cup of tea instead.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #136
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
my keurig suddenly stopped working evening before last. don't know for sure, but i think i might be having a reaction to the deprivation of my usual 5-6 infusions of caffeine every day. all i am really though, is woefully out of sorts--at loose ends, irritated and terribly scattered. my plan was to come by here, and load up on some high octane coffee, so's i can get some sleep tonight.--strange, but true.

my keurig is barely two years old! besides which, i thought my model was one of the 'good' ones. i am so po'd at everything keurig at the moment. yet, at the same time, i have all but sealed a deal to buy another, b40 model to replace my b60 one. none of this makes sense, i know, except for one undeniable fact--life without an uninterrupted source of good coffee is not an option for me. not any more. not if my last 1 1/2 days is any indicator....
i was going to post this in the petty vents thread, but then i figured if anybody can relate to this, my latest dilemma, it's you, my fellow coffee drinkers. i hope to be back to 'normal' soon. thanks for listening, coffee- mates....:)
I wish I was there Vit so I could go over it and find out why it quit.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #137
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It has been eons since I had a cup of instant coffee. Now if someone offers me a cup of instant, I take water or a cup of tea instead.
+1
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #138
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I wish I was there Vit so I could go over it and find out why it quit.
thanks, sweetie. this afternoon, my home health helper will be bringing me my next "doomed" keurig coffeemaker. she is selling it to me, new-in-the-box, for under a hundred dollars! (nicely friend-priced):)
nuts as i am to be even contemplating another keurig purchase under the circumstances, the idea of being able to immediately resume my coffee k cup rituals this very day, is an immense relief to my poor frayed and frazzled nerves....

i have a half-loaf of a buttery brioche, a special bakery treat (from our 'flour garden') to go with the test coffees i'll be brewing in a little while....(smile)

i'll be here, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, tomorrow morning, back to black....(a.w.)
Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #139
Everymom

vitauta, did you register your brewer on Keurig.com? They replaced mine when I phoned to tell them something was making a weird noise. Completely free of charge. They might send you a new one if you call. Their customer service was pretty darned fine the times I had to call them.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #140
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
vitauta, did you register your brewer on Keurig.com? They replaced mine when I phoned to tell them something was making a weird noise. Completely free of charge. They might send you a new one if you call. Their customer service was pretty darned fine the times I had to call them.

i'm quite certain that i did register the keurig, but not online. i recall taking the product id numbers off of its packing box. where on the machine would i find those numbers, do you know? it's worth checking out....

my new 'elite' coffee machine is not much different from the old b60 one--size-wise, at least. it brews coffee just the same, i.e., perfectly! :)

the san francisco bay "fog chaser" coffee k cups arrived yesterday. loving this sfb coffee! color me happy!-- love the honest, no-nonsense bold taste, love that it only costs 39 cents per mug, and love too, the earth-friendly pods. they look a lot like a teabag, wearing a little cap. :)

i am going to be a happy camper, with the sfb brand as my everyday coffee, still buying other flavors in small quantities to satisfy any special taste or whim of mine....

i'm leaving a bunch of the sfb fog chaser k cups here, at our little coffeehouse for you all to try. enjoy....

Tags
coffee