"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #1431
Everymom

I guess I can stop looking under all the furniture for the kitties.

There was no note on the door, but its been pretty windy out there. I think I've given the place enough of a once over. Its lovely outside too. I think I'll take my book and read on the patio. Coffee, brownie and book...does it get better than that?

Vitauta, its lovely to see you here! Glad someone was around to make sure everything got fixed up.

What's everyone else been up to.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #1432
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
We still have Himself's plastic "David Douglas Cup-R-Two Coffee Cone" that he used in college! Since he was in college the second half of the '60s I guess our coffee cone would be considered "vintage".

I realize I didn't mention the bean supplier we've switched our allegiances to. It's Dean's Beans, out of Orange, MA. Unlike Green Mountain (which, incidentally is changing its website name to "Keurig.com" later this summer - now I REALLY feel like the red-headed stepchild without a Keurig), you don't get automatic delivery on a schedule. Instead, you call or online order when you need coffee. Works for me since I was always playing with our shipping date anyway! Besides the fact that the coffee is really good, they don't roast the green beans until they get your order. My first order was put in late Monday night, they roasted the beans on Wednesday, and I got them on Friday. They were almost still warm from the roaster!
That sounds fantastic. Wish we could buy coffee like that. Well, you can in London but out here in the styx we're stuck with packets f the shelf. No freshly roasted coffee by mail order for us.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #1433
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Been so busy! Nice to wander back in! Thanks for the clean up!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #1434
Everymom

Hey PF! Good to see you in here. Can I get you a brownie?
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #1435
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thank you, Can I get a middle piece? I have a dark roast coffee, just perfect for chocolate.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #1436
Everymom

I cut all the edges off. I hate edges. Mmmmmm dark roast sounds lovely. Wanna play some cards too?

I smacked my foot on something today and it really hurts darn it! Maybe I should add a shot of Bailey's to my coffee to dull the pain?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #1437
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I can play Gin Rummy and Old Maid, Go Fish, too!

As for the foot smacking...nice warm compress and Bailey's should do the trick.

Brownies are delish...
Old 09-18-2014, 12:52 AM   #1438
Executive Chef

sheesh, don't know what the two of you are talking about. doesn't everyone know by now that the choicest brownies are those crusty edge pieces?! that holds true for most breads too, but especially sweet breads like banana and nut bread. they have even started selling smallish, specially shaped loaf pans, designed so everyone can have an edge piece, and no longer have to fight over them.
pf, sorry about your foot. say, that bailey's and dark roast coffee sounds awfully good. i don't have to hurt myelf to get some of that, do i?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #1439
Master Chef

Psst, vit? I'm sneaking in the back. I bet Alix put the Bailey's in the pantry. I hope there's room on the shelf for this 3-liter box of wine. Getting a bit of a chill in these parts and you never know when someone *cough cough* might not be able to sleep and wants a quiet place to read and sip.

We have a nice pile of firewood in the way-back of our yard. If anyone is interested, I'll bring a bundle or two next time I come out. But we ALL have to promise that if we start a fire in the hearth we have to remember to break it up completely before we leave. Kinda like the last one out needs to shut the lights.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #1440
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Who gave the House Elves clothes? They would still be here taking care of the kittens, dusting and cleaning if that hadn't happened.

I didn't hurt my foot Vit, Alix did! I'm sure she will share the Bailey's.

By all means bring in the wine, wood and song.

Tags
coffee