"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1451
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks, Alix! I fell asleep soon after watching. I better get the battery recharged.

Coffee and cheddar rolls for breakfast this morning. Picked up the cheddar rolls from the bakery as they came out of the oven this morning.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #1452
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Talked to Bubba today. He's been horse tradin again. That middle room with no windows upstairs that nobody quite knows what to do is now our home theater.

I had a extra 60" Flat ScreenTV that we don't have room for in the new house that I setup in that room. Bubba brought in some leather theater seating that he traded for. Says he installed a water heater for man and got the seats in payment.

We still need a surround sound stereo system to go with it. Anybody have an extra one lying around?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #1453
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Talked to Bubba today. He's been horse tradin again. That middle room with no windows upstairs that nobody quite knows what to do is now our home theater.

I had a extra 60" Flat ScreenTV that we don't have room for in the new house that I setup in that room. Bubba brought in some leather theater seating that he traded for. Says he installed a water heater for man and got the seats in payment.

We still need a surround sound stereo system to go with it. Anybody have an extra one lying around?

It's not high end but I do have one in the closet. Have Bubba install it, too many wires. It was too much for our small living room.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #1454
Executive Chef

oh goody, movie nights! i have dvds with cameron's 'avatar' and 'titanic 3d', just begging to be showcased on a large screen tv. i've not seen a 3d movie in recent times, and am not up on the technology. d'you know if anything is needed besides those 3d glasses to enjoy the special 3d effects?
thanks, .40. you come up with the neatest ideas for upgrades to the coffeehouse. it'll be fun too, just like old times, seeing ol' bubba again--still got his game on, i see....
Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #1455
Everymom

Ooooo! Cool beans! I love it when I come back to new stuff in da howse. 60 incher! WOW! I have a bunch of movies on an external hard drive if that TV is a smart TV.

I need to put my feet up for a bit. Most of my work today was above the shoulders, but I find I'm just as tired as if I'd run all day! WOW! Got a bowl of peanut M&Ms going and a cup of that mystery blonde roast someone left in the pantry. Mmmmm! Percy Jackson is just about to kick some cyclops butt in my book. I'm all set.

Thanks .40, PF and Bubba!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #1456
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Ooooo! Cool beans! I love it when I come back to new stuff in da howse. 60 incher! WOW! I have a bunch of movies on an external hard drive if that TV is a smart TV.

I need to put my feet up for a bit. Most of my work today was above the shoulders, but I find I'm just as tired as if I'd run all day! WOW! Got a bowl of peanut M&Ms going and a cup of that mystery blonde roast someone left in the pantry. Mmmmm! Percy Jackson is just about to kick some cyclops butt in my book. I'm all set.

Thanks .40, PF and Bubba!
Blonde roast? I assume that means a light roast? Well, in that case, I'll join you.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #1457
Everymom

Yes, light roast. Its lovely, nutty and just a bit sweet.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #1458
Executive Chef

hey coffee mates, i just put in my order for dark magic and donut kcups, 96 count, for $35.17!! say whattt? yess, sweet--that's just 37 cents per kcup. it's one of those brad's deals. the merchant is staples. just follow the directions in the link and use the code given. there are several different flavors, and delivery is free for this size order.
Coffee & Tea Deals €“ The best online deals & sales on Coffee & Tea
Old 09-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #1459
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh thanks, I love Dark Magic!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #1460
Executive Chef

in honor of national coffee day, i have brought a small bottle of kahlua to sweeten our coffee cups, and a sour cream streusel cake that i baked this morning, from a new recipe, for the occasion. hope y'all like it.

Tags
coffee