DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I brought my own glass and wine. Maybe I will use that nice yellow cup for coffee in the morning, thank you! No, I don't have any kitties ghost or otherwise. :(
You are right about grandbabies they are the best, love mine to pieces . Do you have grand children Vit?

could your ghost kitty have been a feral cat with quick reflexes?
Nope, completely silent and it never moved. it was there when no doors or windows open, just sitting in a classic cat-sitting pose.

Lol! Just not "buying" it are you Vit? I don't mind ghosts as long as they are friendly.
Taxlady, did the ghost cat every try to catch the ghost mice? Lol!

Anybody mind if I have wine tonight instead of coffee?
Never saw the cat chase the mice. ExDH wondered about that too.

I think that wine is more appropriate at this hour. ;)

oh yes, bunny. my grandchildren are way older than yours. my oldest is 17 years old already, and she towers over me at nearly 6 ft. but i can still see her newborn baby face like it was just yesterday. do you live near your grandbabies, bunny?

i'm going to get clobbered from all directions for this, but i would love it if we could adopt a kitty or two for this place. i know they would get excellent care here, with all the coffee lovers who love animals even more--dogs would be more complicated, probably not feasible....

Last edited:
oh yes, bunny. my grandchildren are way older than yours. my oldest is 17 years old already, and she towers over me at nearly 6 ft. but i can still see her newborn baby face like it was just yesterday. do you live near your grandbabies, bunny?

You have a great opportunity to have a special friendship with your 17year old granddaughter. Does she share your "foodism"? That could be a fun shared interest. ;).
My grandchildren live about 2.5 - 3 hours away(depending on traffic). And yes they are young, DD kept me waiting for them for quite awhile ;-) I wish I could see them everyday. BTW......I have a 20 yr. old step-grandson too!

thank you pf and taxy, for the unexpected support on the kitty question.:) (i guess i can count 'yup' as an endorsement? lol) do you suppose we would be needing someone from the coffee klatch to act as designated owner of any pets we adopt? there is likely a requirement along those lines by the s.p.c.a....

thank you pf and taxy, for the unexpected support on the kitty question.:) (i guess i can count 'yup' as an endorsement? lol) do you suppose we would be needing someone from the coffee klatch to act as designated owner of any pets we adopt? there is likely a requirement along those lines by the s.p.c.a....
Cats don't have owners. They have staff. :LOL:

But, let's teach those kitties to use the toilet.

a citikitty kit would eliminate the need for a cat litter box. citikitty, a cat toilet training kit, was pitched on the tv show shark tank last year. the sharks invested in this new kitty product, and it is on the market today. our kitties could be toilet trained in no time....:)

a citikitty kit would eliminate the need for a cat litter box. citikitty, a cat toilet training kit, was pitched on the tv show shark tank last year. the sharks invested in this new kitty product, and it is on the market today. our kitties could be toilet trained in no time....:)
That's the sort of thing I meant when I wrote we should teach them to use the toilet.

I would get one of those kits for my house, but I think that, at 16, Shreddy is too old to learn to use it.

That's the sort of thing I meant when I wrote we should teach them to use the toilet.

I would get one of those kits for my house, but I think that, at 16, Shreddy is too old to learn to use it.

They're not too old to learn how to use it, but they definitely get a bit...um...clumsy as they age. I just watched my 20 yr old kitty slip into the the tub. Oops. He is a bit cranky now.

Morning! On cup #2 of coffee. Feeling better now. I think I've discovered the source of my headaches. If I forget to put the humidifier on overnight...WHAM!

And I'm in for the kitty. How about 2 though so they entertain themselves when we're not here? I vote a boy and a girl. Boy for the snuggling and lap sitting and the girl to keep the place vermin free. How about these guys? Boy on left, girl on right.

1526.jpg
Barbarella_tete-150x150.jpg

...and most of the greatest hunters ten to be the female cats.:) those are two adorable kitties, alix. love the black and white sweetie-pie--can feel his soft weight on my lap already. most of my cats have been a lot like your spunky looking female tortoise kitty there...are you withholding their names for a reason, or are we to give them names?
i'm getting ahead of myself as usual, i'm afraid...do you think we should call a meeting and take a vote on whether or not we adopt two kitties? and if so, can we agree on these cuties? someone is bound to report being allergic to cats, or having a life-long fear of them....i'd like another coffee, but i'm almost strung too tight as it is....alix, did you have time to explore some more garage or yard sales this weekend? you can see how people have laid claim to the cushy lounge chairs you brought--they are perfect, and just in time too--with plans for a spacious veranda to occupy three sides of this structure, we need to be on the lookout for additional pieces of comfy furniture. not only for relaxing with our cuppas and reading, but also a place we can sit and work on our knitting and crocheting projects.....
when is the roofing work supposed to begin, anyway?

Last edited:
Those aren't MY kitties, they are at the SPCA. I'd be happy to bring them in if you all agree.

I thought the roofers were here already. I saw some guys out back unloading shingles. Didn't see Thor Bubba out there though.

I did cruise a few garage sales and picked up a bunch more books. Scored a pile of old cookbooks too! I've been keeping an eye out for a porch swing and some nice rockers for the new veranda. Think we need some more comfy chairs for the library?

I can whip up cushions lickety split. I've got old seat cushions from dining room chairs I can recover. I just need to know what fabric we'd like on them.

The beauty of a virtual space is that it is pleasing to the beholders eye. I imagine we each something just a bit different, just knowing the cushions are there makes it perfect. Knowing you can imagine and reach for what you want and/or need and always put a hand to it is all we need in this magical space.

Excuse me, I'm headed back to the washtub and scrub up a few extra monitors and keyboards folks keep spraying their beverages onto...

I got a call from Schneider. I took notes during the self-promoting monologue. From what I was able to gather, all of the roof decking is in place, vents are flashed and tarred, and the tar paper is in place. They should start with shingles in the morning.

The shingles should go on pretty fast. Bubba loaned out his pneumatic roofing nailers. Those are some cool tools. Drum magazine holds 500 nails. Fires fast as you can pull the trigger. Roof should be done by tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

Just a reminder to stay off the back parking lot.

Darrell, Darrell, and Darrell will be back on site tomorrow. They will be delivering materials to lay brick. 100 bags of Portland cement, and a dumptruck load of sharpsand to mix the mortar, bullhide sheathing, scaffolding, and the pallets of brick. We are planning to start laying brick on Wednesday.

From what I gather, Darrell the middle has decided to lay a challenging herringbone pattern in the walls topped off by diagonal soldiers along the top. This could get very interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom