"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #181
Executive Chef

these biscuits of kade's-- sooo good. they're my dinner tonight. i was secretly hoping, there for a while--that we'd get to try some of that date-nut bread she was baking the other day. with coffee? omg! it's been ages since i've had any homemade date-nut bread....

Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #182
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
these biscuits of kade's-- sooo good. they're my dinner tonight. i was secretly hoping, there for a while--that we'd get to try some of that date-nut bread she was baking the other day. with coffee? omg! it's been ages since i've had any homemade date-nut bread....
Here ya go date nut bread. I made another two to bring here along with a toaster oven we use to use at the pharmacy and an old micowave that we have no room for. I'll set them on the counter and one of the men can hook em up. There is some cream cheese mixed with blackberry jam or just butter. for the date nut bread. enjoy friends
ma

Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #183
Executive Chef

oh look, date nut bread! that kades, she is too good to us, bringing in all these goodies from her bakings...sure hope she didn't get wind of me running my mouth about her date nut bread. you think she heard about me, begging, the other day? color me red....oh so moist, this bread, yum. it doesn't need any topping, either. i can hear from the noise that bubba's on the job already--you know, that .40--he tells it like it is--he don't play, our .40....:)
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #184
Chef Extraordinaire

did anyone plug in the toaster oven and the M/W? Those old relics still work but are heavy and I'm bushed from doing wash and moving around gunk that needs putting away. Who wants to sit and have a cuppa with me?Oh boy I made some
welsh
cakes how would you like them? With butter and jam or cinnamon-sugar on top, hurry these babies are HOT as hecktor guys.
ma
Old 01-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #185
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
did anyone plug in the toaster oven and the M/W? Those old relics still work but are heavy and I'm bushed from doing wash and moving around gunk that needs putting away. Who wants to sit and have a cuppa with me?Oh boy I made some
welsh
cakes how would you like them? With butter and jam or cinnamon-sugar on top, hurry these babies are HOT as hecktor guys.
ma
I will gladly. I just poured myself a cuppa coffee. The MW is working fine. I heated up my coffee in it. I will take one of those Welsh cakes with just butter.

I took care of the two waste baskets in the kitchen. How can one person make so much trash?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #186
Executive Chef

good afternoon, ladies. oh kades, your date nut bread has been such a hit with everybody today! thank you, sweetie, it's the best i've tasted yet. addie, it's good to see you back on your feed. what is it, a welsh cake? they look good, so nicely browned, like a pancake....
Old 01-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #187
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I will gladly. I just poured myself a cuppa coffee. The MW is working fine. I heated up my coffee in it. I will take one of those Welsh cakes with just butter.

I took care of the two waste baskets in the kitchen. How can one person make so much trash?
Quote:
good afternoon, ladies. oh kades, your date nut bread has been such a hit with everybody today! thank you, sweetie, it's the best i've tasted yet. addie, it's good to see you back on your feed. what is it, a welsh cake? they look good, so nicely browned, like a pancake....
Thanks for picking up the wastebasket mess Addie you're a dear. I'm so ready for a cup of coffee and I'll try another Welsh Cake oh boy does it feel good to put my feet up. Vit sso glad you liked the bread. We had the last of mine last night. DH wolfed his down and wanted mine but it was to late all gone...If anyone is interested I have a recipe for the welsh cakes found it on the KA site.
ok got to start dinner hugs guys
ma
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #188
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks for hiding that slice of date-nut bread for me, Ma! Just got home and it's perfect for my evening snack.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #189
Executive Chef

yikes! my recently expired b60 keurig coffeemaker came back to life just now, and brewed me a fine mug of coffee, acting for the world like nothing at all out of the way has happened! wth? so now i have these two keurig machines in my bedroom, sitting on opposite sides of the room, putting me in mind of my old stereo speaker system--"...love your peaches, shake your tree....."

yelp! and i had my eye on that last piece, my favorite--the crust end!! sheesh, favorites around this place....
Old 01-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #190
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
yikes! my recently expired b60 keurig coffeemaker came back to life just now, and brewed me a fine mug of coffee, acting for the world like nothing at all out of the way has happened! wth? so now i have these two keurig machines in my bedroom, sitting on opposite sides of the room, putting me in mind of my old stereo speaker system--"...love your peaches, shake your tree....."

yelp! and i had my eye on that last piece, my favorite--the crust end!! sheesh, favorites around this place....
I warmed it and put butter on it...

Dueling Keurig's

Tags
coffee