"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #191
Everymom

vitauta, perhaps you should donate one of those Keurig's to our DC kitchen.

I'm sitting down with a maple coffee and a bit of an attitude. I got the word yesterday that I'm switching to a new team starting Sunday. That's not a big issue, but not having the same days off is going to mess me up down the road. BAH. I'm so happy with the team I'm on right now so I'm a bit sad about that too. I know I need to support this other team but I am definitely pouting.

Anyone want to come kick my butt and tell me to shape up and get off the pity train?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #192
Executive Chef

the keurig machine is playing dead again. i stored it away in the cabinet under the sink. if anybody can fix it, we'll have a backup coffeemaker for in here. what's bubba working on today? pounding that hammer like he means it, isn't he? can hardly hear yourself think...he married? no, no reason, just wondering....poor alix. they've got her switching teams at work, and don't give her hardly any notice, either. oh, she'll be just fine, you know alix...this time next week she'll be all gung ho--have that new team whipped into shape and the whole program restructured from stem to stern.:) i was hoping to catch her while she was still here today. i left a book for her, in that green tote up there---on top of the fridge, and a note....save me some of whatever kades might bring by for us good to eat, straight out of her oven, would you? some people round here calling it "ma's bakery"....:)

Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #193
Everymom

Hey vitauta, I'm back. I got a chance to process a bit and I'm feeling better about the whole thing. Its still going to take me a while to get into the groove, but hopefully not too long!

I brought doughnuts! Croissant doughnuts with chocolate drizzle. I've been playing with the deep fryer.

Holy cow! Is that Bubba out there or did Thor stop by for a visit. Um...I think I'm just going to sit here in the bay window for a bit to...supervise the digging of the hot tub hole.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #194
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey you guys, I made a rice torta and stuffed zucchini and onions nice an savory. Help yourselves. Hav to run need to see about my drivers business they forgot I don't need glasses anymore what a jack daw that women is.
ma
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #195
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was playing with oatmeal scones, again! I diced up two granny smith apples and stirred those in...yum. Made a little vanilla custard to go with them and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #196
Admiral of the Texas Navy

I roasted up a pound of coffee for y'all to share. This one comes from the Nyeri region of Kenya. It's called Karagoto Peaberry after the factory where it was processed which is part of the FCS (Farmers Cooperative Society). This area and the FCS is famous for producing the very best Kenyan coffees.

The dry ground coffee sets the tone for the cup. When brewed there are intense dark fruit notes, lush Asian pear, plum, and raisin, as well as macademia nut roast scents. The cup is syrupy, with many layers of fruit; Italian plums, red currant jam, honey, drinking cocoa, and a unique touch of toasted coconut. It is a lively and acidic cup with a bright zest of candied lime, which turns more toward a tangerine brightness with a slightly darker roast.

Bubba called this morning. He wanted me to remind you to start parking your cars round the front of the building. The forms have been delivered to the site and he wants to set the forms, plumb the drains, and then pour foundation late next week.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #197
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just popped by to see what was happening. I really like what you've done with the place!

.40, your description sounds like this coffee is something to be eaten with a spoon over ice cream!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #198
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
Bubba called this morning. He wanted me to remind you to start parking your cars round the front of the building. The forms have been delivered to the site and he wants to set the forms, plumb the drains, and then pour foundation late next week.

Whatever Thor..err, Bubba says.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #199
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just popped by to see what was happening. I really like what you've done with the place!

.40, your description sounds like this coffee is something to be eaten with a spoon over ice cream!
That's really what I roasted to use at home this week. Gotta Gotta Gotta try the home roasting thing for yourself.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #200
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by forty_caliber View Post
That's really what I roasted to use at home this week. Gotta Gotta Gotta try the home roasting thing for yourself.

But, then I would have to grind the beans and I'm lazy.

Tags
coffee