"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #211
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Your cup is on the bay window sill, Alix.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #212
Executive Chef

really, alix, i swear. sometimes i can't believe you. honestly-- the window sill, alix. right there where you sit every day, alix-- that should have been one of the first places to look for your dopey doggy paws mug...oh sorry, that is a cute mug. i'm putting it right up here in the side cupboard, see? i like the glass- front doors, don't you? course, you have to keep your shelves extra neat, cause you can see everything that's in there--people in glass houses, you know....:)

thank you, addie, for everything you do around this place. it always looks awesome, and the air smells nice and fresh, too. must be a can of fabreze around here somewhere... sure is a good thing that nobody has to wait for me to get bored enough to do some serious cleaning around here, hehe. i really appreciate and admire our neatnick coffee klatchers hugely, i do--i just can't BE one. i think cleanliness is another one of those things that skips a generation, you know? i'm that generation that got skipped--the same one that made me flat-chested, with hopelessly curl-resistant hair, and left me without any sense of rhythm or vocal skills....who's for the ravens tonight, besides me--gotta have a sweet send-off for ol' ray....

Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #213
Everymom

WOOHOO! Thanks guys! I love that mug. Time for a Costa Rican (Tarrazu) coffee. I may put a shot of butter pecan in there. YUM!

I'm awfully glad to be back here having a coffee with y'all. I had to drive my youngest to work and decided on account of the slippery driving conditions to make only one trip out and do all my errands at once. It was some kind of slick out there.

Its nice to sit and enjoy the view out this bay window even when
Thor Bubba isn't working. I brought some hummus, and I'm eating it with peapods, there are sesame crackers here if you'd rather though. I think I might have put too much garlic in this hummus. Whoo!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #214
Executive Chef

good monday, guys! heckuva game last night wasn't it, and i'm not even a football fan or follower....this morning i brought in a bag of bagel thins (110 calories only)--for when we don't have any home-baked goodies? and try this butter i'm loony over. it's amish, i think--hand rolled, unsalted butter, a huge yum! here's some of that jan's blueberry jam, too, but the butter is awesome all by itself!

i know the library room is still weeks from completion, but i see people are already donating boxfuls of books to fill our bookshelves. about half of them are cookbooks (yay), but there's also fiction and non-fiction, every conceivable genre--really, a booklover's waking dream! now what we really need, and soon, is somebody to organize, catalog and set up our little library. do you know anyone? they don't have to know library science...for right now, we are just storing the books in the overflow space behind the kitchen. eventually, that hole in the wall will be finished off and become our pantry....can you believe it? a pantry! the way this place is growing by leaps and bounds, just like jack's beanstalk--right before our eyes....and listen, if you see gg or skittles, make sure to inform them about the study area we are having built--invite them in for a look around, and a nice cuppa....:)
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #215
Everymom

OH ME ME ME! Pick me vitauta! I'm a bit OCD about organizing stuff and I think we all know I'm a bibliophile as well. Maybe you and PF can jump in and help too? I will work on the boxes and get them all sorted and ready to put on the shelves Bubba is building. Where is he by the way? I don't see him out back.

I brought some butter pecan flavoring in. Want me to make you a latte?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #216
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Sorry for the noise folks. Bubba and crew just rolled in. Time for a little backhoe and blade work. Foundation forms should be ready by sundown.

Early day tomorrow. Cement trucks will be rolling in about 0500 tomorrow morning.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #217
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm good at alphabetizing, if Alix get them organized, I can whack them onto the shelves.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #218
Everymom

Backhoe and blade work huh? PF, help me drag those boxes over to the window seat. Lets organize in comfort.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #219
Executive Chef

ooh alix, you are the perfect person to cull through and organize all those books! it was you and a few other avid (obsessive) book readers who came to mind, but i honestly didn't think you would have that kind of time to devote to a job this time-consuming. i promise you will get all the help you need. thankyou, thankyou, alix! how about you put up a sign-up sheet right here by the coffee machines, where everyone can see it. we'll just put it out there--volunteers needed to work with our books, no experience required!:) and i'll help too, when i can....
pf to the rescue too--this monday is getting better every minute!
one thing, we need someone to make contact with a used book store right away. you can see, we have many duplicate books and ones in poor condition....
Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #220
Everymom

*ACHOOO!* Whooee! Some of these books are dusty! Pass me that swiffer duster would you please? OK PF, here's my plan. I'm sorting into Fiction/Non Fiction first of all, then basic genres from there. I've got a Cookbook section for the Non Fiction, but really the only other books I've seen for that are some How To stuff. Do you think we should sort the cookbooks by type of cooking they feature or by author's name?

The fiction section is far more varied. I've got some mystery, some romance, a few horror and some true crime going on. I'll label the boxes and let you sort them onto the shelves. Bubba installed the shelves on one side of the library. You choose whether to do fiction or non fiction over there.

Tags
coffee