DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's so nice to see you up and around, soma!! my, you are looking really good, too-- getting that healthy color back in your cheeks! oh thank you, soma, you made these? i love these blueberry sconzies, specially when somebody else is doing the baking!! ha, i guess leaving that recipe laying around worked just like tom sawyer....soma, i meant to tell you that i'm really into neil young's book that you recommended. i like the way he feels about music, that special, intimate relationship with it. today's itunes and earbuds just don't get it at all....
your wintertime nature shots of animals from around your place are breathtaking, soma. you are watching beavers, and deer, and wild turkeys right outside your window, wow. sarah's got nothin' on you--all she can see is russia....:)
can i get you a cuppa? we have a great selection of coffees here. we've got decaf too...or tea for you?

Last edited:
Well it's still snowing out there. A flock of wild turkeys and a herd of deer came to visit, so I scattered seed hither and yon.
Herd%20and%20flock.JPG

much competition, given that the turkeys are almost as large as some of the smaller deer..

It sure is pretty pond-side though:

Prty%20Outback.JPG

Oh, I'd love a cuppa tea, vitauta, and thanks for the compliments on my rosy cheeks. DH has been dragging, er, I mean.... encouraging me out for a walk every day. I"m up to 40 minutes now. Do you have Earl Grey? it's my favorite.

oh my, soma--that scene with the deer herd and turkeys, it's a paradise you have there! for a minute there looking at your world, i forgot to breathe.....earl grey, i know we've got it somewhere. yes, here we are. lemon, milk? here, i'll let you fix it up the way you like it.:) where the H did alix go off to? i see her truck parked out in back....

Last edited:
I ran off to the shower and then got stuck on the phone doing an impromptu counselling session with a friend in a relationship crisis. I'm back for a bit, but I have to work a bit early today so I won't be here all that long.

Can I have some more coffee? Did .40 roast and Costa Rican beans? I'm in the mood for some tarrazu.

hey alix, i'm deep into this dark magic brew, ahhaah. tarrazu, which one is that? .40's got a tin here of that yirgo cheffe espresso he ground up for taxy. you know how to use that coffee machine of hers? looks complicated....

you and your famous therapy sessions...you really should charge for your services, like lucy with her 'head' stand...you do give good phone, alix....:)

You don't charge for telephone therapy sessions, Alix? Say.....I'd like your number. MY doc put me on mirtazapine last fall, said I should talk to a counselor while taking them....but I haven't found one yet. He recommended one who charges $100 per visit. I"m hoping for a lower rate than that.....

Alix, not to worry. I stop in every day to make sure Buttons has food. So not to worry. I can't stand the thought of children or animals being hungry.

I was there yesterday afternoon sitting and listening to the Golden Oldies while I was doing my needle work. I was sitting by the fire in the rocking chair that PF was kind enough to give me. :angel:

Vitauta, that espresso machine scares me. I'm all about easy. I can handle a Keurig, or even a drip thing, but that contraption is intimidating. And I DO get paid...at work. Friends get freebies. Soma, my PM inbox is always open for venting and a sympathetic ear.

Addie, thanks for looking after the fuzzies. They lied to me! They said they'd been horribly neglected and their little furry cheeks were caving in from hunger.

Tarrazu is a region in Costa Rica and their coffee is superb. Best in the world in my very humble opinion.

The kitties told me that same story last night after Addie left. I sat down for a bit with the end of a book, waiting for my sleep medicine to work. Both kittens acted like they hadn't eaten in weeks. They helped me with a shrimp cocktail and cheese plate.

The kitties told me that same story last night after Addie left. I sat down for a bit with the end of a book, waiting for my sleep medicine to work. Both kittens acted like they hadn't eaten in weeks. They helped me with a shrimp cocktail and cheese plate.

Buttons climbed up on my lap and was even playing with my thread. I didn't get much sewing done. Little bugger. :angel:

Anybody here tonight??? Maybe I will just listen to some of the music Alix brought in....love Nora Jones and the classical too! Really good music taste our Alix....hmmm let me see what to have to drink.....I think that caramel Baileys in a cup of one of.40's special roasted coffees would fit the bill. Ahhh nice!

ALL CATS ARE LIARS!!! mew-mew-mew-i'm-starving...yehyeh, LYING little whisker-faced fluffy-tailed shrimp-munching SCAMMERS is what they are!

...and buttons, you can't believe a word buttons says either, the porky little pipsqueak, with her pointy little ears and wide-eyed innocent face...LYING little beggar!:rolleyes:

ALL CATS ARE LIARS!!! mew-mew-mew-i'm-starving...yehyeh, LYING little whisker-faced fluffy-tailed shrimp-munching SCAMMERS is what they are!

...and buttons, you can't believe a word buttons says either, the porky little pipsqueak, with her pointy little ears and wide-eyed innocent face...LYING little beggar!:rolleyes:
Dogs are bigger liars.

dogs aren't very good at lying, though. cats are accomplished, masterful liars. also, i've never known a cat that acted sorry or guilty, like dogs can do, or god forbid, ever try to please you in any way....

dogs aren't very good at lying, though. cats are accomplished, masterful liars. also, i've never known a cat that acted sorry or guilty, like dogs can do, or god forbid, ever try to please you in any way....
I disagree. Shreddy doesn't lie. Sucha seldom lied. When I ha a Siberian husky, Sasha, she lied all the time. She told other people that she was freezing and that we hadn't fed here in weeks. Dogs are a greedier about food and more likely to overeat than cats (in my experience). On the other hand, not all dogs are liars. Bumper, the Saint Bernard, who lived with me for a while, never lied. He wasn't very smart either.

I know it is late, but I stopped by just to make sure Buttons and his playmate are fed. I don't want them spreading lies about me. Hmmm. It seems the both of them are going fussy on me. They don't want fish today. So I put out dry food for them. That appeared to make them happy. Buttons even rubbed against my leg. I guess he is marking me as his. He is such a lovable brat. I miss having the little buggers in my home. But they seem to be happy right where they are now.

Of course. Why wouldn't they. They tell anyone who listens that they haven't been fed. So they get fed a couple of times a day. :angel:

Last edited:
Vit, are you having a hard time posting a link? I've gotten three emails saying that you have posted and I just keep seeing Addie's post.

only three, taxy? i daresay i've made at least fifteen attempts to post a recipe this afternoon.(sigh) i thought i had learned how to post links from whiska, but i keep getting error messages with every new try. no idea what i'm doing wrong, as i am following instructions to the best of my virgoan exacting nature.:(

i'm taking a brief coffee break, and making up with the kitties who have become my best buddies again.:) they have horror stories to tell about those 'coffee klatchers' who continue to starve and mistreat them when i'm not here to feed them fresh raw chicken livers. 'who loves you, domino? yeees, domino, yess. i love you too, and don't you forget it. you either, buttons. i know, i know. who loves you best? thaat's riight..go ahead, and finish your liver treats, now....

soon as i finish this lovely cuppa, i'll try posting that link again--it's a special recipe for a neighborly 'swedish visiting cake'--super simple, and quick to make, bake and take....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom