DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.

taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.

hey, hi alix, good to see you.:) sure you don't want to press your button and turn your chair around for the Voice? what're you drinking tonight? if you are going to veg out on the couch, you might as well go all the way with it. oh, by the by, i meant to tell you how much i like that porch swing thing you found on one of your treasure hunts. it don't need any new coverings, either. i like to just bring an armful of colorful throws, and get comfy... i'm a sucker for vintage stuff, alix. you'll hafta take me with you one of these days when you go bargain hunting and yard sale hopping. :)

so, are the elves still here? SOMEbody's been keeping this place looking spic n' span....:)

Last edited:
I just nabbed some pork ribs and mac n cheese from the deli, Shrek said he wasn't hungry. I'll sit over here so I came jump up during the commercials.

i'm gonna have to start popping up some corn next time before this show, get cozy. pf, watch for shak's leg action tonight--made me yelp with delight!:)

Last edited:
Hey vit, PF. I don't multitask well when I'm vegging. I have a lot to catch up on around here, and not much time to do it all.

You can come yardsaling with me anytime! Its FUN! There is truly an art to it though. You can tell the folks that think their crap is NOT crap, they price it way too high.

I am actually contemplating a butter pecan, decaf latte. I'm in the mood for something sweet and that would fill the bill. I'm not up for any caffeine though. Yep, butter pecan latte it is. Can I have some popcorn too?

i know, alix, once you catch a whiff of that popcorn smell in the air, you're a goner! help yourself, just grab a bunch of napkins, 'cause it's dripping with butter! i still make popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove, and melt a stick of butter in the pan....

Finally got my salad made, too late to type up the recipe. I spent half my time looking for a bigger bowl...and chopping veg. Missed NCIS that we had recorded.

taxlady, I'm with you on the sweet/savory mix. I don't understand mixing bacon in with chocolate. Ruins both IMO. I'm not a fan of sweet glazes on meat, nor do I like fruit with meat. No apples with pork, no pineapple on ham, no cranberry with turkey. I know, I'm a heathen. Sorry.

I haven't been watching the voice, but I'll hang out with you tonight. I'm going to veg on the couch alllllll night.

@Addie, I'm glad Paul Revere was American. I'd have been POed at having to memorize all that.

But he wasn't at that time in history. We were all subjects of the King. And he didn't yell "The British are coming". He would have yelled "The Redcoats are coming." I am afraid that Wadworths took a lot of liberties in his poem. :angel:

Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.

Addie, if you're going to consider Paul Revere British, then you also need to consider him a traitor to his country. Pretty sure no Canadian school would mandate memorizing that poem, nor any UK school, therefore, it's probably best to refer to him as the American he would become. Longfellow lived a long time after that infamous ride and that poem is considered a piece of Americana is it not?

@Vitauta and PF, so how was the Voice? You guys sound like you're really enjoying it this season. I only watch Amazing Race and Survivor with any regularity. There isn't much else in terms of reality TV that sparks my interest.

Off to make some mint tea. My tummy has not been very settled the last couple of days. Maybe that sushi I had on Monday was off.

girlfriend, this is the second time this year that sushi has made you sick!!! you need to stop buying sushi from the place that is feeding you bad sushi!:glare: i love sushi too, but one bad sushi incident is one too many. they shouldn't get a second chance to play with your stomach....i probably will be giving up sushi for the duration of the dicey summer season again. extraordinary care and all of that jazz....:)

It was a different place! I've not been back to that first place since I got sick. I only had miso soup and 3 pieces of dynamite roll. I figured that should be pretty safe. I don't know for sure it was the sushi, but its all I can figure. This is not like a tummy bug, so I'm figuring food poisoning.

You are right. They all had a price on their heads for Treason including Revere. The British soldiers wanted John Hancock really bad. He had the highest price. These "Patriots" would tar and feather any Tory they knew. Many of them fled back to England or Canada when the war finally broke out. In the name of "Freedom" they committed many crimes a lot worse than what laws and rules the British had on the books. We fought to be free of the British on our soil. Yet to this day we treasure anything we have that is of British influence or property. Boston is probably the most British city you will find in this country. :angel:

You've got me confused Addie.

"In the name of "Freedom" they committed many crimes a lot worse than what laws and rules the British had on the books." I think you mean the British patriots committed the crimes, but it looks like the opposite from this sentence. Which do you mean?

I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, I just mean that every "patriot" to one cause is a "traitor" to the opposite side. You can revere Revere, but you can't call him a patriot and British as the two terms would negate one another. Heeheehee...words are fun aren't they?

Been very busy with work lately and haven't had a chance to stop by. I dropped off some more fresh roasted coffee. The bags have labels on them. There is a pound of the Peru and some Columbian

I'm off to the study to enjoy a cigar and a brandy. I think I'll light a fire in the fireplace too.

There is a naked ummm....ummmm...elf thing in the study. It keeps cleaning my ash tray whenever I pick up my cigar.

I'm not sure if I should be fascinated or annoyed.

.40, I just noticed your signature line. It was immediately familiar, but I wasn't remembering which song. Then, I noticed. Wish You Were Here was playing on the radio. Weird, eh?

There is a naked ummm....ummmm...elf thing in the study. It keeps cleaning my ash tray whenever I pick up my cigar.

I'm not sure if I should be fascinated or annoyed.

Just tell him you would prefer he clean after you leave. They do speak English. You can name him, too, just don't give him any clothes. If you would like him to stop going naked, leave a hand kerchief or piece of toweling, they can make their own clothes, just no real clothes.

Just tell him you would prefer he clean after you leave. They do speak English. You can name him, too, just don't give him any clothes. If you would like him to stop going naked, leave a hand kerchief or piece of toweling, they can make their own clothes, just no real clothes.

It left. It seemed a little sad. The whole episode registered 9.7 on the strangeometer.

Back
Top Bottom