DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know two people who were running...I'm waiting impatiently to hear they are or are not okay. Our Medical Director and his wife were running.[/QUOT

pf, i hope you get good news about your friends in boston real soon. god help our people, keep us safe from evil, and whatever this latest particular brand of hatred is.

i finally turned away from streaming news of the tragic events in boston, and am watching the voice. i must say, that it feels good to get out of my head, and ease myself into music, simple, emotional and true.
pf, i urge you to turn on the voice yourself, if you need to get out of your head too, for awhile....(peace)

The Voice is on...hafta watch! Just watched Adam pick Amber to our surprise, I was sure he would stay with Sasha. Actually was completely taken aback when he paired the two of them.

Thanks, I'll find out tomorrow about the doc and his wife.

Hey all, the tea towels were multicolored. I bought that variegated cotton yarn in a couple of different shades. I did a pink blend and a light blue blend for the elves. I can't explain the yellow CWS.

I didn't hear about the marathon bombing until after work yesterday. How horrifying.

*rattle bang clatter* I'm baking this morning! I freaking LOVE this kitchen. I'm going to do blueberry muffins and oatmeal muffins with warm honey drizzled on top.

I know the kitties are off visiting, has anyone filled the bird feeder out back?

*rattle bang clatter* I'm baking this morning! I freaking LOVE this kitchen. I'm going to do blueberry muffins and oatmeal muffins with warm honey drizzled on top.

I know the kitties are off visiting, has anyone filled the bird feeder out back?

Now that is one chore I can't do. I am just too short. But the kitties are doing fine. They have been getting plenty of exercise. In fact last night when Teddy came to visit, they slept right through the whole two hours. He was kind of exhausted from all the walking he did yesterday also. So he slept right along with them. There will be no fat cats in this family! I fed them last night at eight o'clock and off to beddy-bye they went. They are getting used to their reduced amount of food. They no longer go over and paw the empty dishes in-between feedings. :angel:

I need some peace and calm right now. I was up early after working late, and I'm just a bit off my game. Had some sad news last night, I'm dealing, but it still is getting to me. And this morning was a friend who needed a shoulder and a safe harbour.

Now its my turn. I'm sending myself out to our peaceful little oasis on the deck here and I'm just going to commune with nature for a bit. I'm taking a cup of coffee and if anyone wants to join me, I'll be out there for an hour or so. I'd love some company from our DC family. You're all so soothing.

I'll sit here, too...had foot surgery this morning and just got back from the eye doctor with Shrek, he has a bleed in his right eye. At this point it is wait on the eye thing and i am about to take a pain pill for my foot. The debit card woes are fixed.

I still hate Mondays and wondering who is going to fix me some lunch...

hi girls! i have only a few minutes that i can stay, but i've brought 'mommy hugs' for both of you--i'm told i give the Best Hugs, and i can tell you really could use some comforting....there,theeeerrr, alix. yess, you too, pf--don't give me that look. my hugs will work for you too.:) awwww, see? warm embraces work wonders....
and lookie here! i brought us two quart containers of wonton soup from my favorite 'red lantern' chinese take-out place. here, just smell..., OMG, they make the best, most authentic and delicious wonton soup, with a deep-flavored chicken broth you won't believe! today it will be our chinese chicken soup for the soul, right? and look here too--dessert, hehe, chinese fortune cookies! mamasan tucked an extra bag of the treats in with my order. it should be fun to munch on the lemony crisps, and get a peek at our future destinies too, no?

you two stay put, hear? i'll serve us wonton soup in those lovely clear mugs from that yard sale 'find' of yours, alix. they'll be just perfect....let's cover you guys with these comfy duvets--they are kinda like hugs too, in a way. too bad the kitties aren't here to curl up and snuggle with us. but, i can imagine they are good companions for addie right about now....

Last edited:
Gee girls, see what a great friend Vit is. Us DC women always come through. Thought you would like to know that the kitties have taken to "my" bed of late. They jump up and curl up together at the foot of my bed. But that is all right. I like having them there. They are adjusting to their new diet just fine. No more crying and begging for more food. They know it won't do any good. I am just "Hard Hearted Hannah" when it comes to their weight problem. I love them dearly, and I want them to stay healthy. :angel:

hi girls! i have only a few minutes that i can stay, but i've brought 'mommy hugs' for both of you--i'm told i give the Best Hugs, and i can tell you really could use some comforting....there,theeeerrr, alix. yess, you too, pf--don't give me that look. my hugs will work for you too.:) awwww, see? warm embraces work wonders....
and lookie here! i brought us two quart containers of wonton soup from my favorite 'red lantern' chinese take-out place. here, just smell..., OMG, they make the best, most authentic and delicious wonton soup, with a deep-flavored chicken broth you won't believe! today it will be our chinese chicken soup for the soul, right? and look here too--dessert, hehe, chinese fortune cookies! mamasan tucked an extra bag of the treats in with my order. it should be fun to munch on the lemony crisps, and get a peek at our future destinies too, no?

you two stay put, hear? i'll serve us wonton soup in those lovely clear mugs from that yard sale 'find' of yours, alix. they'll be just perfect....let's cover you guys with these comfy duvets--they are kinda like hugs too, in a way. too bad the kitties aren't here to curl up and snuggle with us. but, i can imagine they are good companions for addie right about now....

Thanks, Vit and Addie...I'm ready for a nap!

remember pf, the Voice is on tonight! if you are still here, we'll give you a wake-up call. man, lately i look forward to the airing of the Voice, almost like i'm getting ready to go out on a date.:)

remember pf, the Voice is on tonight! if you are still here, we'll give you a wake-up call. man, lately i look forward to the airing of the Voice, almost like i'm getting ready to go out on a date.:)

Shrek will toss a shoe at me or something...:LOL: He knows i don't want to miss it, and I'm just going to sack on the loveseat! With two cats.

it's almost Voice Time again! my fresh popped corn is sitting in a row of bowls on the kitchen coffee counter (in case we have company for View-watching) tonight! :) i wonder what usher has up his sleeve for the talent 'steal' they've been hyping all week. team usher is in need of help though, methinks he's not doing very well up to now--with his coaching, in particular....

Salisbury steak with gravy and broccoli cheese with rice for dinner. Almost ready and The Voice in an hour.

I have a cup of Dark magic so I can keep my eyes open until 8 pm.

Thanks for the TLC vitauta. I needed that. And wonton soup was just the ticket. I'm feeling a bit more human now.

Back
Top Bottom