DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the TLC vitauta. I needed that. And wonton soup was just the ticket. I'm feeling a bit more human now.

aw babygirl, i only belatedly learned the reason for you feeling so down and sad...:( i'm so sorry about the death of your student. knowing you, alix, you are taking this straight in the gut.(small smile) this is your reward for being the loving, deeply caring person you are. allow yourself some comfort in knowing that you brightened and enriched this boy's life by being in it, and letting him know and feel your affection and regard for him. let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief, dear friend. i offer you hugs for now, and more to take with you, all you want and need, along with my pathetic and useless empathy....

alix, know that you have a profound effect, every day, on the kids you work with, that you make a huge difference in the quality of their lives and futures. let that knowledge help you to carry on with your significant purpose....

Last edited:
aw babygirl, i only belatedly learned the reason for you feeling so down and sad...:( i'm so sorry about the death of your student. knowing you, alix, you are taking this straight in the gut.(small smile) this is your reward for being the loving, deeply caring person you are. allow yourself some comfort in knowing that you brightened and enriched this boy's life by being in it, and letting him know and feel your affection and regard for him. let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief, dear friend. i offer you hugs for now, and more to take with you, all you want and need, along with my pathetic and useless empathy....

alix, know that you have a profound effect, every day, on the kids you work with, that you make a huge difference in the quality of their lives and futures. let that knowledge help you to carry on with your significant purpose....
What Vit said and more (((hugs))).

Vit, you really have collected wisdom. This post is like a shining star.

"...let time do its gradual work of wearing down the sharp edges of your grief..."

I'm going to put that one in my file of quotes. I don't want to forget it. I want to use it.

I'm on my second café allongé. I'm still trying to wake up enough to get to work with the tax returns.

taxy, i hope your super intense work season is close to ending. it is such an incredibly stressful time of year for you. one good thing though, taxy, i notice that you have not had the need to go mia from dc this year during this time. in fact, i get the impression that you come to dc for breaks from work, for laughs, distraction, and to decompress. pretty much the way some of us use our coffee klatch--a place to relax, refuel and restore--over a cuppa great coffee, with good friends or in simple solitude...:).

taxy, i hope your super intense work season is close to ending. it is such an incredibly stressful time of year for you. one good thing though, taxy, i notice that you have not had the need to go mia from dc this year during this time. in fact, i get the impression that you come to dc for breaks from work, for laughs, distraction, and to decompress. pretty much the way some of us use our coffee klatch--a place to relax, refuel and restore--over a cuppa great coffee, with good friends or in simple solitude...:).
Yeah, the personal tax deadline is 30 April.

I am slowing down my tax practice. I am only keeping the clients I like. One unpleasant client phoned and asked if I was still doing taxes. I said I was cutting back, so would she please find someone else. "Well, thanks [in very sarcastic tone of voice]." and slammed down the phone. Thank you honey, for reminding me why I don't want you as a client.

So, that's part of the reason I have been spending more time on DC. I really should have been spending more time on the tax returns. Now I'm going to have to play catch up. :ermm:

For the residents of Boston, (maybe the whole Commonwealth) we have been given an additional three months to file our taxes because of the events that took place on Marathon Monday.

Andy or any other resident of the state, do you have any additional info? :angel:

Thanks PF. Vitauta, that was so beautiful, thank you. I'm doing better now, and the funeral is on Tuesday. That should bring some closure to us all. They've finally told us that is was likely a heart issue.

Taxlady, thanks to you too. I sure appreciate the support you have all offered me. I'm hoping you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with taxes.

I'm sitting down with a cup of butterscotch coffee. The day has been warm and beautiful and it feels like spring.

Toddling off to bed...tomorrow is Friday...we have had 12 admits so far this week...while we needed them, they all came in bunches and we are going to be slammed repeatedly next week.

Toddling off to bed...tomorrow is Friday...we have had 12 admits so far this week...while we needed them, they all came in bunches and we are going to be slammed repeatedly next week.

Think of the new patients as job security. And think of Shrek as a reason to outlive him. :angel:

Oh boy do I feel your pain PF. We've had admissions and discharges GALORE this last week. I pounded out 2 DC summaries last day of my rotation, but I've managed to avoid doing the admissions for a bit. :angel: I hate admissions!

I appreciate the new admits, just wish they were spread out better...as for outliving Shrek...not sure I want to.

I hear you on that. Do I want to out live my daughter or the other way around. I want to be here for her, but yet I don't think I can handle losing another child. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you on that. Do I want to out live my daughter or the other way around. I want to be here for her, but yet I don't think I can handle losing another child. :angel:
I went looking for this quote:

In peace, children inter their parents; war violates the order of nature and causes parents to inter their children.
Herodotus (The Histories of Herodotus - Book I, ca. 440 BCE)

I found this one too:

When a parent dies, you lose your past; when a child dies, you lose your future. - Anonymous

Now I'm sitting here in tears, thinking about the son I almost had, who would have turned 21 in July. He was still born after 23 weeks of pregnancy. Amniocentesis ruptured the amniotic sac

I went looking for this quote:

In peace, children inter their parents; war violates the order of nature and causes parents to inter their children.
Herodotus (The Histories of Herodotus - Book I, ca. 440 BCE)

I found this one too:

When a parent dies, you lose your past; when a child dies, you lose your future. - Anonymous

Now I'm sitting here in tears, thinking about the son I almost had, who would have turned 21 in July. He was still born after 23 weeks of pregnancy. Amniocentesis ruptured the amniotic sac

Thank you for those quotes. They certainly made me stop and think.

When I worked in the Newborn Nursery, I had a couple of stillborn babies I had to prepare. Wrapping them up so the parents could say goodbye was so hard to do. One was small enough to fit in the shoe box. :angel:

Okay, gonna sit here and set up my meds for the week, then an early night. I've been going full speed for a week, I'm exhausted.

I like watching Iso in Slo Mo on you tube. Been watching since a puppy...

a lot of fun and grins. can work as relaxation vids, too....

what's wrong with me? i don't see movies or shows more than once, don't do reruns, never have. so, what am i doing, happily watching last week's episode of the Voice? (did it last week too):ohmy::ohmy:

where are the elves? do they giggle?

Back
Top Bottom